We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Docking manager: missing DockElementsContainer

Hi,

I have the following problem:
I define a layout for my docking manager like this:
    <syncfusion:DockingManager DockFill="True" Name="dockingManager">
      <Grid Name="window1" syncfusion:DockingManager.Header="Dock Window 1" />
      <Grid Name="window2" syncfusion:DockingManager.Header="Dock Window 2"            
            syncfusion:DockingManager.SideInDockedMode="Right"
            syncfusion:DockingManager.TargetNameInDockedMode="window1" />
      <Grid Name="window3" syncfusion:DockingManager.Header="Dock Window 3"/>
      <Grid Name="window4" syncfusion:DockingManager.Header="Dock Window 4" 
            syncfusion:DockingManager.SideInDockedMode="Top"
            syncfusion:DockingManager.TargetNameInDockedMode="window3" />
    </syncfusion:DockingManager>
    </Grid>
I watch the visual tree with the Snoop application and I see that the window1 and the window2 are in the main DockElementsContainer of the docking manager.
They are not in a separate DockElementsContainer like the window3 and the window4, but in my layout definition the window2 is docked at right side in the window1.
I detect this bug beacause i want to work with the ContainerSize properties and this case this property is not consistent for the window1 and the window 2.
I force the layout with the mouse, dropping the window2 at right side in the window1, and now the window1 and the window 2 are in a separate container and the property DesiredContainerSize is consistent for both windows.
Thank you for your help.

1 Reply

AX Antony Xavier D Syncfusion Team January 19, 2013 08:05 AM UTC

Hi Jacques,

Thanks for using Syncfusion products.

In DockingManager the default orientation of the container is Horizontal also the Container will be created based on its orientation changed, so whenever an item added into the docking manager without changing the orientation means the item will be added into the root DockElementContainer only until the orientation of the added item is changed.

And this is our default behavior too. So to add an item into the separate container means we suggest you to change the orientation of the adding items.

Due to this only in your sample window1 and window2 are added in the root container because their SideInDockMode is right, hence they didn't changed the orientation. Also the window3 and window4 were added into the separate container because their SideInDockMode is Top, hence they have changed the default orientation.

We have modified the sample in order to meet your requirement. In this sample we have set the DockElement "window1" SideInDockMode as Top, so the default orientation changed for window1 also, hence this window too will be added into a separate container.

Also based on the window1 arrangement we have modified the other windows position in order to bring the layout of your existing application.

Please find below the attached sample.

Please let us know if the sample helps.

Regards,
Antony.

forum_106222_e6c497d7.zip

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon