We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Diagram Control Exception

I understand it's still in beta, but i'm not sure if this has been logged as a bug (might not even be a bug?) or fixed in the next version already.

If i attempt to create a diagram control by duplicating the code from the Sample Browser "NodeContent" I end up with the error listed below. This includes when I drag a new one from the Toolbox after I create DiagramControl.View tags. This includes if i make ANY changes to the sample browser example code.

Any ideas on what's up with this or how to fix it?

---- Error ----

COMException: Error HRESULT E_FAIL has been returned from a call to a COM component.

at Windows.UI.Xaml.DependencyObject.get_Dispatcher()
   at Syncfusion.UI.Xaml.Diagram.DiagramPage.MeasureOverride(Size availableSize)
   at Windows.UI.Xaml.FrameworkElement.MeasureOverride(Size availableSize)
   at Syncfusion.UI.Xaml.Diagram.OverviewContentHolder.MeasureOverride(Size availableSize)
   at Syncfusion.UI.Xaml.Diagram.ScrollViewer.MeasureOverride(Size availableSize)
   at Windows.UI.Xaml.UIElement.UpdateLayout()
   at Microsoft.Expression.WindowsXamlPlatform.Host.WindowsUIXamlImageHost.Render(BitmapWrapper bitmapWrapper, Boolean isNewBitmapWrapper, Boolean timerTick)
   at Microsoft.Expression.Platform.Surface.ImageHost.ImageHostBitmapContentPresenter.Redraw(Boolean force, Boolean timerTick)
   at Microsoft.Expression.Platform.Surface.ImageHost.ImageHostBitmapContentPresenter.<InvalidateDrawing>b__3()
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
   at MS.Internal.Threading.ExceptionFilterHelper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)

InnerException: None

4 Replies

PA Parthiban A Syncfusion Team December 19, 2012 09:38 AM UTC

Hi Lucas,

We have analyzed your regarding “Designer gets crashed while using diagram control”. We are able to reproduce the issue on our side.

There seems to be some issue in WinRT framework, while accessing the Dispatch, which crashes only in designer but not at runtime. However, we consider this as defect and logged a defect report. The fix for this defect will be available on upcoming refresh release.

Regards,

Parthiban A.

LM Lucas Moffitt December 20, 2012 02:31 AM UTC

Thanks for the reply! 

Much appreciated.

Lucas.

RT Ramya Thirugnanam Syncfusion Team December 21, 2012 09:50 AM UTC

Hi Lucas,

Thanks for the update.

Please let us know if you have any concerns,

Regards,

Ramya

PA Parthiban A Syncfusion Team January 2, 2013 12:19 PM UTC

Hi Lucas,

The problem reported with Designer gets crashed while using diagram control has been resolved and the fix is available in our current beta refresh, which can be downloaded from the below link

http://www.syncfusion.com/support/forums/general/106347/Syncfusion-Essential-Studio-for-WinRT-(XAML)-v104072-(Beta)-available-for-download

Please let us know in case of any queries.

Regards,

Parthiban A.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon