We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy.
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.

Visual Studio editor settings

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

106126 Dec 11,2012 06:56 PM Jan 4,2013 12:13 AM Windows Forms 5
Tags: EditControl
Klaudiusz Bryja
Asked On December 11, 2012 06:56 PM

Hi,

Is it possible to import editor settings from Visual Studio to Editor control? I mean settings which I show in 1.png attached file.

Regards,
Klaudiusz

attachment_60fe102a.zip

Paul Anderson S [Syncfusion]
Replied On December 28, 2012 07:39 AM

Hi Klaudiusz ,

Thanks for your interests in Syncfusion products.

I have attached the sample as per your requirements in the following link. Please run the sample and let us know if it helps you.

[sample link]

http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/Support/DirectTrac/102369/WindowsFormsApplication291888656408.zip

Please let us know if you have any concerns.

Regards,

Paul Anderson S

Klaudiusz Bryja
Replied On January 2, 2013 02:48 AM

Hi,

Thanks for answer. This is not what I really want to achive. I want e.g. in context menu option Load VS Settings and when I click on it edit control has settings like in Visual studio e.g. color schema (text, key words, background), autoformat ("{" on end of the line or in next line but with indentation), etc.

Is it possible to achive my requirements? Is it possible to turn on autoformating? Default behavior is when I press Enter key I start new line but without indentation where it should be e.g:

namespace aaa
{//press Enter
//I start writing in this place but I want like in next line
\t//Start with tab character on beginning

or it can work like this:
- sample as above. When I press Enter in second line and next close the bracket ("}") I get formatted code like this:

namespace aaa
{
\t//this Tab is aded after closing bracket
\t//this Tab is aded after closing bracket
}

Is it possible?

Best regards,
Klaudiusz

Replied On January 2, 2013 11:55 PM

Hi Klaudiusz ,

Thanks for the update.

You can achieve your requirement of Auto Indentation by following the below code snippet.

[c#]

this.editControl1.AutoIndentMode = Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Edit.Enums.AutoIndentMode.Smart;

I have attached the sample as per your requirements in the following link. Please run the sample and let us know if it helps you.

[sample]

http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/Support/DirectTrac/102369/autoindentation135718479.zip

Please have the below link for Auto Indentation documentation.

[Documentation link]

http://help.syncfusion.com/ug/windows%20forms/edit/default.htm#!documents/autoindentation.htm      

Please let us know if you have any concerns.

Regards,

Paul Anderson S

Klaudiusz Bryja
Replied On January 3, 2013 02:55 AM

Hi,

Thanks for answer. I found this right after I post this message

Best regards
Klaudiusz

Replied On January 4, 2013 12:13 AM

Hi Klaudiusz ,

Thanks for the update.

We are glad to help you on this.

Regards,

Paul Anderson S

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.

;