We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Visual Studio editor settings

Hi,

Is it possible to import editor settings from Visual Studio to Editor control? I mean settings which I show in 1.png attached file.

Regards,
Klaudiusz

attachment_60fe102a.zip

5 Replies

PA Paul Anderson S Syncfusion Team December 28, 2012 12:39 PM UTC

Hi Klaudiusz ,

Thanks for your interests in Syncfusion products.

I have attached the sample as per your requirements in the following link. Please run the sample and let us know if it helps you.

[sample link]

http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/Support/DirectTrac/102369/WindowsFormsApplication291888656408.zip

Please let us know if you have any concerns.

Regards,

Paul Anderson S

EN enova January 2, 2013 07:48 AM UTC

Hi,

Thanks for answer. This is not what I really want to achive. I want e.g. in context menu option Load VS Settings and when I click on it edit control has settings like in Visual studio e.g. color schema (text, key words, background), autoformat ("{" on end of the line or in next line but with indentation), etc.

Is it possible to achive my requirements? Is it possible to turn on autoformating? Default behavior is when I press Enter key I start new line but without indentation where it should be e.g:

namespace aaa
{//press Enter
//I start writing in this place but I want like in next line
\t//Start with tab character on beginning

or it can work like this:
- sample as above. When I press Enter in second line and next close the bracket ("}") I get formatted code like this:

namespace aaa
{
\t//this Tab is aded after closing bracket
\t//this Tab is aded after closing bracket
}

Is it possible?

Best regards,
Klaudiusz

PA Paul Anderson S Syncfusion Team January 3, 2013 04:55 AM UTC

Hi Klaudiusz ,

Thanks for the update.

You can achieve your requirement of Auto Indentation by following the below code snippet.

[c#]

this.editControl1.AutoIndentMode = Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Edit.Enums.AutoIndentMode.Smart;

I have attached the sample as per your requirements in the following link. Please run the sample and let us know if it helps you.

[sample]

http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/Support/DirectTrac/102369/autoindentation135718479.zip

Please have the below link for Auto Indentation documentation.

[Documentation link]

http://help.syncfusion.com/ug/windows%20forms/edit/default.htm#!documents/autoindentation.htm      

Please let us know if you have any concerns.

Regards,

Paul Anderson S

EN enova January 3, 2013 07:55 AM UTC

Hi,

Thanks for answer. I found this right after I post this message

Best regards
Klaudiusz

PA Paul Anderson S Syncfusion Team January 4, 2013 05:13 AM UTC

Hi Klaudiusz ,

Thanks for the update.

We are glad to help you on this.

Regards,