We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

GridControl CellDoubleClick Crash

I get the following crash when you double click on a cell, the cell is a combobox set to readonly and exclusive (the gridsytle is set to static and readonly). I have a simple work around canceling the doubleclick event but thought you might like to know: System.DivideByZeroException: Attempted to divide by zero. at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridControlBase.OnMouseDown(MouseEventArgs e) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseDown(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m) at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.ScrollControl.WmMouseDown(Message& msg) at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.ScrollControl.WndProc(Message& msg) at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridControlBase.WndProc(Message& msg) at System.Windows.Forms.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

7 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 6, 2004 10:16 PM UTC

Thank you for reproting this problem. What version are you using? I tried to reproduce the problem in this sample, and don''t get the in the 2.0.2.1 version I am running. Can you see the problem in teh sample? Did I miss setting some property or something? WindowsApplication8_9144.zip

TS Todd Swygert September 22, 2004 05:06 PM UTC

I''m getting the same error, but with a slightly different stack trace (see below). I''m trying to cancel the double click, but I believe my exception is thrown in another event before the cell double click event. The error does not occur in the sample code. The error occurs when placing focus inside a drop down list cell that does not have any items, and then double clicking in the cell. Any ideas? Thanks, Source: Syncfusion.Grid Message: Attempted to divide by zero. Stack Trace: at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridComboBoxCellRenderer.OnEditPartMouseDown(Object sender, MouseEventArgs e) at System.Windows.Forms.MouseEventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, MouseEventArgs e) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnMouseDown(MouseEventArgs e) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseDown(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.TextBoxBase.WndProc(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.RichTextBox.WndProc(Message& m) at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridTextBoxControl.WndProc(Message& msg)

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team September 23, 2004 12:16 AM UTC

Hi Steve, we made some minor changes to the combobox code just recently. I worked on some issues with the AutoComplete. I am not 100% sure if this is going to fix your problem or not but it would be worth a try just trying with the latest build. Can you open a directtrac incident? Then we can send you the latest patch. Stefan

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 26, 2005 07:35 PM UTC

I’m getting the same error in version 3.0.1.1 as I was in my previous versions. The original poster said he had a work around by canceling the double-click event, but I’m not able to cancel the event. I’ve set up e.Cancel = true in CellDoubleClick but the break point does not hit before the exception is raised. I’ve tried all events with double click in the name, but still no luck. Can you help me find a work around for this? Also, can this problem be added as an open issue? I’ve struggled with this issue in versions 2.05.1, 2.1.0.9 and now 3.0.1.1. Also I’ve seen posts on this problem in version 1.6.1.5. Thanks for your help as always, Steve

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 26, 2005 08:28 PM UTC

Can you provide us with a sample showing this problem?

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 1, 2005 12:31 AM UTC

This problem does not happen often. But a user entered it as a bug, so now it will remain on my list until I fix it. Here is a sample that reproduces the problem. CellCrash_4051.zip

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 1, 2005 02:00 AM UTC

Thank you for the sample. I can see the problem. You can work around it by deriving your combobox celltype. Then in the renderer, override OnEditPartMouseDown, and do not call the baseclass. I will forward this onto the development team so we can get this corrected.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon