We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Tutorial

Is there any tutorial to take someone from Step A to Z?

30 Replies

SS Sahaya Sweetlin Ponmalar P Syncfusion Team December 12, 2012 06:50 AM UTC

Hi Terrance,

Thank you for your interest in Orubase.

We have online documentation for our Orubase Beta 2 release in the following link. We are preparing the documentation for main Orubase release which will be reflected soon.

Please let us know if you have any queries.

Regards,
Ponmalar P

DJ Davis Jebaraj Syncfusion Team December 12, 2012 11:31 PM UTC

Hi Terrance,

Here is some additional information about getting started with Orubase for an ASP.NET MVC based mobile hybrid application.

Create a web application

The UI and business logic stays in the web application and this is developed using Visual Studio 2012/2012. Orubase includes a Wizard utility that will help you generate a web application project and also tie them to the other native application projects that will be introduced in the next steps.

http://help.syncfusion.com/UG/orubase/default.htm#!Documents/creatingaspnetmvcweb.htm

Create native applications that host the web application

The Orubase wizard generates starter applications for iOS, Android and Windows Phone that are already preconfigured to work with the web application created in step 1.

You can now open any of these projects (iOS project would have to be copied to your Mac OS X system) in the development environment for those projects.

iOS – Xcode

Android – Eclipse

Windows Phone – Visual Studio

Running the application

Running the starter application involves:

a. Running the web application: Run this and it will launch itself though an utility (SharpProxy) that will allow for external clients (other computers, phones, tablets) to connect to the local web server.

b. Run the native application project: Run any of the 3 native application projects and you should be able to see the web application hosted within the simulator.

Please let us know if you need additional information about further steps (we will also work on them proactively and post them in the documentation).

Regards,

Davis

II Ikram Issa December 14, 2012 10:42 AM UTC

Hi, I am just looking at orubase, but im a bit confused, I have created a test project, using the  create new application wizard.  What I am a bit confused about Once I have made my changes to the web application in Visual Studio.  Do I need to make the changes to the IOS and Android projects as well.

Do I need to do development in all three platforms seperatly, As when I make the changes to the Web application, the android and IOS projects are not being updated.

Am I missing something here.

II Ikram Issa December 14, 2012 11:10 AM UTC

Please ignore last comment, i managed to suss it out now

Cheers

SS Sahaya Sweetlin Ponmalar P Syncfusion Team December 17, 2012 12:45 PM UTC

Hi IKram,

Thanks for your response. Please get back to us if you have any concerns.

Regards,

Ponmalar P

KR krishnaveni December 18, 2012 10:34 AM UTC

I need a tutorial for understanding the frame work and different web components usage with dynamic data.
I want to know how to use Orubase applications with database.

SS Sahaya Sweetlin Ponmalar P Syncfusion Team December 21, 2012 12:30 PM UTC

Hi Krishnaveni,

We have prepared the tutorial for creating the simple Orubase application. Please find the attachments for tutorial and sample.

Please let us know if you have any queries,

Regards,
Ponmalar P

Tutorial_21cb94d2.zip

KR krishnaveni December 28, 2012 10:41 AM UTC

Hiii,

Thanks for the tutorial I am able to develop applications to some extend. Now I am using tab web component this is not remaining same for all the views. the tab is disappearing when we are going to next view. How can the tab remains same for all the views, please help me.

Thanks in advance

TH Thivya Syncfusion Team December 31, 2012 09:16 AM UTC

Hi Krishnaveni,

We are not able to reproduce the issue you mentioned that the tab is disappearing while navigating to next view. For your additional reference we have attached the sample hereby. Please go through the sample and let us know if this helps out.

Thanks,
Thivya.

TestSample_c9311d36.zip

KR krishnaveni January 2, 2013 12:10 PM UTC

Hi, Thank you for the sample, but I have already created tabs, but my question is that these tabs should navigate through multiple intents, and i also want to know whether their are any built in functions for playing, uploading and recording audios and videos in orubase applications for Android, IOS, Windows phone.

SS Sahaya Sweetlin Ponmalar P Syncfusion Team January 7, 2013 11:54 AM UTC

Hi Krishnaveni,

Thanks for your patience

We have created the Orubase sample for recording and playing the audio and video. Please check the attachment for the sample.

Please let us know if you have any queries

Regards,

Ponmalar P

AudioVideoUpload_ff1df776.zip

KR krishnaveni January 10, 2013 06:48 AM UTC

Hi,

Thank you for the sample, That helped me so much. But, I am not able to find where the recorded audio and video has saved, and this application is not running for the applications with login page. Please help me for these issues.

Thanks in advance.

BD Bharathi D Syncfusion Team January 11, 2013 12:03 PM UTC

Hi Krishnaveni,

Thanks for your patience. Please find the response for your queries below.

1.  Location where the audio and video files gets saved

The Recorded audio and video files are received in base64 format which is posted to server. Please refer the following code snippet.

//sending base64 string to server
<code>

var data = { "basestring": basestring, "filetype": fileType };
                var audioPlayer = document.getElementById("audio_player");

$.ajax({
                    type: 'Post',
                    data: data,
                    success: function (data) {
                        audioPlayer.src = "http://172.16.2.143:29366/" + data;
                    }
                });
</code>

Base64 string data is converted into file format and saved in server directory. Please refer the below code snippet.

<code>
public ActionResult View1(string basestring, string filetype)
        {
            ViewData["viewName"] = "View1";
            if (basestring != null)
            {
                byte[] binaryData = Convert.FromBase64String(basestring);
                string filename = "sampleaudio." + filetype;
                string path = HttpContext.Request.PhysicalApplicationPath + filename;
                System.IO.File.WriteAllBytes(path, binaryData);
                return Json(filename, JsonRequestBehavior.AllowGet);
            }
            else
                return View();
        }
</code>

2. We have created the sample for Recording and playing audio & video using login page. Please check the attachment for the sample.

Regards,
Bharathi D

AudioVideoUpload_eea87cbd.zip

KR krishnaveni January 17, 2013 10:49 AM UTC

Hi,            

Thank you for the sample, that is working fine when I am running it as an individual application, but when Iam itegrating this with anopther application i.e., when I click a button then a page is rendered with the capture audio button then follows the required application. When I did in above mentioned manner this part of code is not running when I am stop recording

if (basestring != null)

{

}

BD Bharathi D Syncfusion Team January 18, 2013 07:41 AM UTC

Hi Krishnaveni,

Could you please check the URL attribute in $.ajax post, If you are sending action result to different name instead of home URL it is necessary to provide URL in the ajax post. Please find the below code snippet,

<code>

$.ajax({
             type: 'Post',
             url : "/home/view1",
             data: data,
             success: function (data) {
             audioPlayer.src = "http://172.16.2.143:29366/" + data;
          }

});

public ActionResult View1(string basestring, string filetype)

{
            ViewData["viewName"] = "View1";

if (basestring != null)

{

}
            else
            return View();
        }

</code>

Please try the above step and let us know if it helps. If that doesn’t works please send your code snippet or sample project so that we can easily solve your issue.

Regards,
Bhararthi D

KR krishnaveni January 18, 2013 08:59 AM UTC

Hi,

Thank you for the code, I have tried it before it is working.

can you help me with this, Iam using a action link button but I am not able to pass arguments through this componet, I will be very thank full for any suggestions.

KR krishnaveni January 19, 2013 10:14 AM UTC

Hi Bharathi,

I am using the audiovideoupload sample , in thi sample i am able to record audio, but when I am recording video everything is working fine but i am getting nothing in to the basestring value. I am using webcam to capture video, is webcam is sufficient to capture a video through android emulator?

Thank you in advance

KR krishnaveni January 21, 2013 12:45 PM UTC

Hi Bharathi,

In the AudioVideoUpload sample the recorded audio is in the format of .wav file, this file is playing in the emulator, but this is not playing in the browser. I have checked in IE, chrome and firefox that was not playing. I have also tested playing another .wav format file which is downloaded from net that was playing in chrome & firefox. And I also tested playing the file which is recorded and converted in to .mp3 format that is also playing well. Now I want to convert recorded .wav file to .mp3 file is their any possibility to do this.

Thanks in advance.

SS Sahaya Sweetlin Ponmalar P Syncfusion Team January 23, 2013 01:37 PM UTC

Hi Krishnaveni,

Thanks for your patience

Please check the responses for your queries

Query: Action link with argument

We are not able to reproduce the issue. Could you please update us with details to reproduce the issue?

Query: Webcam to capture video and base string is empty issue

We have checked the reported issue "Base string is empty" and we are not able to reproduce the issue. Please give us more details to reproduce the issue. We can use Webcam to capture the video with our Orubase.

Query: Uploaded audio is not played in browser with .wav format

We have checked the reported issue and we are able to capture the audio using Orubase API and we can play this recorded audio in all browsers. Please give us more details to reproduce the issue.

Query: How to convert .wav file to .mp3?

Please check the below code snippet. We can specify the file type that you want, in the below code.

[HttpPost]

public ActionResult Capture(string basestring, string filetype)

{

filetype="mp3"; // Here we can specify the audio file format

string filename = "sample." + filetype;

}

Regards,

Ponmalar P

KR krishnaveni January 24, 2013 04:20 AM UTC

Hi,

Thank you for the response, 

Webcam to capture video and base string is empty issue:

I am running the android application of  AudioVideoUpload sample which you have given in eclipse using Android 4.2 emulator, I am using webcam to record video after recording has stopped the break point is coming to this code
  public ActionResult View2(string basestring, string filetype)
        {
            ViewData["viewName"] = "View2";
            if (basestring != null)
            {
                string filename = "samplevideo." + filetype;
            }
            else
                return View();
        }
In this basestring value is empty, that means their is nothing recorded. should I use something more for recording audio.

KR krishnaveni January 24, 2013 04:33 AM UTC

Hi,

Thank You for the response,

Uploaded audio is not played in browser with .wav format issue: 

I am using AudioVideoUpload sample, I am using android 4.2 emulator and microphone to record audio, when recording in this emulator I am getting .wav file this file is playing in android emulator with some disturbances and it is not playing in any of the browser. When I am running WP7 application of the same sample in Windows phone emulator the recorded file in this emulator is also .wav format and this file is not playing in emulator but this is playing in chrome but not in internet explorer. 

Please help me with this, and may I know which version of android emulator you are using?

Thanks in advance.

KR krishnaveni January 24, 2013 04:49 AM UTC

Hi,

How to convert .wav file to .mp3?

Thank you for the snippet, the recorded file is converted to .mp3 even then that was not playing in any of the browser. 

Thanks  in advance.

SS Sahaya Sweetlin Ponmalar P Syncfusion Team January 28, 2013 03:07 PM UTC

Hi Krishnaveni,

Thanks for your patience.

We have checked the issues with audio/video upload and we unable to reproduce the issues. We have attached the videos in the below link to capture the audio/video and play in all browsers. Before start to Capture please check the following,

1. Create the Android 4.2 Emulator with the properties in the screenshot in the below link.
  2. To Capture Video, After clicking on the button “CaptureVideo”, you have to select Menu -> Start Recording. Once completed, Select Menu -> Stop Recording -> Stop Recorder.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/files2.syncfusion.com/Newsletter/Videos/AudioVideoUpload-Tutorial.zip

Please provide us any videos to reproduce the issue if the issue is not resolved

Regards,

Ponmalar P

KR krishnaveni January 29, 2013 01:40 PM UTC

Hi,

Thank you for the tutorial. 

I am running the sample which you have given on the android emulator which is created with the properties which you have mentioned in the screen shot. Even then while recording video I am following same procedure, I am clicking menu -->  start recording then in the logcat it is raising the error MediaRecorder start failed - 19, again I am clicking menu --> start recording then the application is destroying.

Are their any changes which I have to do?

Thank you in advance.

SS Sahaya Sweetlin Ponmalar P Syncfusion Team January 30, 2013 12:38 PM UTC

Hi Krishnaveni,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused

We will analyze on the “MediaRecorder start failed – 19” error with capture video and we will update you the status on 1st Feb, 2013.

Regards,

Ponmalar P

SS Sahaya Sweetlin Ponmalar P Syncfusion Team February 5, 2013 11:02 AM UTC

Hi Krishnaveni,

Thanks for your patience.

We have analyzed about "Media Recorder start Failed -19" issue. Most of the Android  Emulator will not support the Media Recorder. In this scenario Media Recorder will not be initialized. This is the cause for getting an error. We can try this by setting SD card size or by selecting any other targeting device in Emulator. The application crash issue due to this, is fixed and it will be available in our next Orubase release.

Regards,

Ponmalar P

LL Lutz Linke March 21, 2013 07:29 AM UTC

Hi,

regarding not being able to pass arguments using Orubase's ActionLink, I opened an incident and just send them my findings. From my analysis there (IMHO) really IS a bug in their code which causes routeValues to get lost. But I found a workaound, hope that can help you:

The simple Html-ActionLink works:
    @Html.ActionLink("View Orders", "Orders", new { customerId = 1 })
This Orubase-ActionLink looses the routeValues passed:
    @Html.Orubase().ActionLink("View Orders", "Orders", new { customerId = 1 })
This overloaded Orubase-ActionLink however works:
    @Html.Orubase().ActionLink("View Orders", "Orders", "Home", "http", null, null, new { customerId = 1 }, null)

+Lutz

TH Thivya Syncfusion Team April 5, 2013 05:12 AM UTC

Hi Lutz,

As per the update in incident 105651, the issue was related to the product version you were checked from your end and also the issue resolved in latest Orubase version 69.

Please let us know if you have any further queries.

Regards,
Thivya.

AK Ashu Khanna replied to Sahaya Sweetlin Ponmalar P March 28, 2018 08:12 AM UTC

Hi Krishnaveni,

We have prepared the tutorial for creating the simple Orubase application. Please find the attachments for tutorial and sample.

Please let us know if you have any queries,

Regards,
Ponmalar P

Tutorial_21cb94d2.zip

testing zip

Attachment: CheckBoxComboBox_14fe6b0b.zip

AB Ashokkumar Balasubramanian Syncfusion Team April 2, 2018 12:41 PM UTC

Hi Ashu Khanna, 

We had deprecated the Orubase Studio and there is no longer active development under this. We recommended that to use the web version of the Essential JS2 framework, since all the controls now support responsiveness and can render appropriately in both mobile and desktop devices.  

Regards, 
Ashokkumar B. 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon