We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Export to excel - WorkSheet and Column limitation

Hi,
  I am using Syncfusion grid in my project which has more than 800 columns. I am trying to export it to excel using Syncfusion.XlsIo ExcelEngine . I tried exporting all the columns to same work sheet but it seems there is a limitation of 256 columns per worksheet. So i scattered the data into 3 worksheets. And again there is a limitation of 3 worksheets per workbook. How can i export the remaining columns data into excel. Is it really a limitation of XlsIo ExcelEngine or am i doing some thing wrong.       

3 Replies

VK Vinish Kumar K Syncfusion Team December 4, 2012 07:19 AM UTC

Hi Gautham Prabhu,

Thanks for your interested in Syncfusion products.

Query

Export to Excel.

In Excel version 2003 only support 256 column in worksheet. To export all columns in excel please use the letter version of MS Excel ( after 2007). And also changed some code changes in Export operation.

ExcelEngine engine = new ExcelEngine();

IApplication app = engine.Excel.Application;

app.DefaultVersion = ExcelVersion.Excel2010;

IWorkbook book = app.Workbooks.Create(1);

Syncfusion.GridExcelConverter.GridExcelConverterControl gecc = new Syncfusion.GridExcelConverter.GridExcelConverterControl();

SaveFileDialog saveFileDialog = new SaveFileDialog();

saveFileDialog.Filter = "Files(*.xls)|*.xls";

saveFileDialog.DefaultExt = ".xlsx";

Please use the yellow heighted codes in your sample. If it doesn’t works for you please provide any sample file which is reproduce the issue.

Please let me know if you have further concerns.

Regards,

Vinish.

GP Gautham Prabhu December 5, 2012 04:05 AM UTC

Thank you. It is working fine with office 2010 with syncfusion 10.3. May i know from which version this app.defaultVersion property available. I am using syncfusion 4 version and this property is not available.                       

VK Vinish Kumar K Syncfusion Team December 5, 2012 10:53 AM UTC

Hi Gautham Prabhu,

Thanks for your update.

The app.defaultVersion property is available from the Syncfusion Essential Version 8.4.0.10. if you want to use this method  for your application. please migrate to our latest version.

Please let me know if you have further concerns.

Regards,

Vinish.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon