We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Why grid is invisble?

Second problem i have with grid is fact,that is always invisible by default. I've read some posts (problem occurs when Ajax.BeginForm is using) but all my view look lile below:

@(new HtmlString(Html.Syncfusion().Grid<Hive>("FlatGrid","GridModel",
        column =>{
            column.Add(p => p.name).HeaderText("Name");
            column.Add(p => p.isSettled).HeaderText("IsSettled");
            column.Add(p => p.BeeLine.name).HeaderText("Bee's line);      

}).ToString()))   

How to fix this?
Regards
Kamil

9 Replies

JH John Hind November 24, 2012 11:00 PM UTC

Make sure you are calling

Html.Syncfusion().ScriptManager().Combine(true).Minify(true)

at the end of Site.Master

John

EB Edward Bedell November 25, 2012 01:36 AM UTC

This is still happening for me, having tried the suggestions, and I have been trying to work through the simple "Getting Started" instructions. I have raised it in "DirectTrac", so lets see what happens.

Ed

EB Edward Bedell November 26, 2012 03:24 PM UTC

I finally solved this:

It was due to the following missing links:

<script src="@Url.Content("~/Scripts/MicrosoftAjax.js")" type="text/javascript"></script>
    <script src="@Url.Content("~/Scripts/MicrosoftMvcAjax.js")" type="text/javascript"></script>

I basically had to backtrack through the sample to see why it was working and mine was not. I think this needs documenting.

Edward

RD Rakesh D Syncfusion Team November 29, 2012 10:18 AM UTC

Hi Edward Bedell,

Thanks for your update. We are glad to know that your issue has been resolved. Please let us know if you have any other concerns so that we will be happy to help you out.

Regards,

Rakesh D

JA John A. Shannon January 14, 2013 04:11 AM UTC

I experienced this same issue.  However, it is my understanding that all Microsoft* helpers are obsolete as of ASP.NET MVC 3.  So, if the syncfusion suite is now MVC 4 compatible how should we reconcile this?  Do we continue to reference these obsolete libraries or is there an alternate solution?

CM Chris McNear January 17, 2013 07:34 PM UTC

Have we gotten an answer on this yet? I have the same issue with having to include obsolete and deprecated javascript libraries for a supposedly MVC4 application and control set..... that doesn't seem right...

RD Rakesh D Syncfusion Team January 24, 2013 11:50 AM UTC

Hi Chris,

We regret for the inconvenience caused.

Query : Do we continue to reference  Microsoft scripts in MVC 4 or is there an alternate solution?

Because of following reasons it is difficult to render grid without Microsoft AJAX.

1. We are using Syncfusion tools MVC controls like editors, buttons , menu as a sub controls in grid so we need to modify all these controls without using MicrosoftAjax scripts.
  2. Also we have provided custom client scripts to the existing customer based on the MicrosoftAjax scripts(For example $find to find the object of the control or element) and if we remove the MicrosoftAjax scripts(implementing grid without using MicrosoftAjax scripts) will create a great impact on custom script for the all our existing customer.

However, we have planned to include the MicrosoftAjax scripts with our assemblies, so in that case there is no need to add it in sample level. This will be included in any of our upcoming Essential Studio releases.

Please let us know if you have any concerns.

Regards,

Rakesh D

TB Tony Basallo April 6, 2013 09:02 PM UTC

By any chance were the MS files included in the current release and if not how about the next?

RD Rakesh D Syncfusion Team April 12, 2013 04:59 PM UTC

Hi Tony,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion products.

We would like to let you know that Microsoft script files have been added by default in “Syncfusion.Shared.Mvc” assembly of our essential studio version “11.1.0.21”. Hence those Microsoft script files will be added by default in ASP.NET MVC 4 application.

However we regret to let you know that we have fixed the issue regarding Microsoft script files in “11.1.0.21” version and hence you require a fix for it to use the above feature in MVC 4 application. We can provide you the fix for it only through Direct-Trac incident, so could you please create the incident in your direct-trac account.

You can login to your Direct-Trac account using the credentials and password that are provided by our sales team to create incident. I would request you to use the following link to login to your DT account.

http://www.syncfusion.com/account/Logon

Please let us know if you have any concerns.

Regards,
Rakesh D

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon