We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Issue in calculating formulas in excel template

Hello,

I am using syncfusion to set some formulas in excel using existing template. i.e. using open method I am opening a template and then setting some formulas, data validation in it.

In my existing excel template , there are some formulas and data validation but when I set formulas using syncfusion and then open that excel the existing formulas and data validations in excel template are not calculated.

Can you please suggest some solution ?

3 Replies

RA Rajesh A Syncfusion Team November 23, 2012 07:42 AM UTC

Formula Calculation:

XlsIO supports to enable the dynamic formula calculation using EnableSheetCalculation method. Please use the below code snippet to evaluate the formula dynamically. Also we have attached the sample for your reference.

Code Snippet:

workbook.Worksheets[0].EnableSheetCalculations();

Sample Link: Sample.zip

Data Validation Calculation:

We are not able to understand your actual requirement. Can you share us your expected output and sample which helps us to proceed further.

Please let us know if you need further clarification.

Thanks,

Rajesh A.

PM Prakash Makhija November 23, 2012 09:05 AM UTC

Thanks Rajesh,

My actual requirement is, i have a template in which there is data validation condition in column B (column B contains a list, i have created the list from lookup in another tab)  and using syncfusion i am opening that template and adding another list in column C using syncfusion. when i genrate that template it display list only in column C and not in B.

RA Rajesh A Syncfusion Team November 26, 2012 04:16 AM UTC

Hi Prakash,

Thank you for using the Syncfusion Products,

We are able to reproduce the reported issue from our side. We are requesting you to create a new direct-trac incident and Request for issue in that. This will help us to have a regular follow-up.

Direct-Trac Link: Login

Please let us know if you require any further clarifications.

Thanks,

Rajesh A.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon