We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Orubase for a Multi-Page MVC4 Web Application

Hello,

My understanding from the video presentations is that Orubase offers native shell containers for MVC4 projects. Each one of them has to be locally compile for the target platform and will gain access to hardware resources using the JavaScript API.

Do you have a methodology to encapsulate existing multi-page, multi-project, MVC4 solutions using VS2010?

Thanks

16 Replies

SS Sahaya Sweetlin Ponmalar P Syncfusion Team November 23, 2012 07:23 AM UTC

Hi Mijail,

Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion Products

Could you please clarify your query with more details like, whether you want to convert the existing multiple page application into Orubase Application? So that we could resolve your requirements.

Please let us know if any clarifications

Regards,
Ponmalar P

MO Mijail O Tornes November 30, 2012 02:06 PM UTC

That's correct,
I'm referring to an existing multipage MVC 4 application that takes advantage of many of the Razor Engine's capabilities. 

SS Sahaya Sweetlin Ponmalar P Syncfusion Team December 5, 2012 04:04 AM UTC

Hi Mijail,

You  can use an existing MVC application with our Orubase apps generated by the wizard. Using our Orubase Wizard, generate multi tab projects for IOS, Android and WP7. Replace the URLs specified with an existing URLs you have.

Android: (MainActivity.java)

addTabItem("<Your URL>", "tab1", resource.getDrawable(R.drawable.tab1));

IOS: (DemoAppDelegate.m)

OrubaseClient *vc1=[[OrubaseClient alloc]initWithUrl:[NSURL URLWithString:@"<Your URL>"]];

WP7: (MainPage.xaml.cs)

mailclient.addPivotItem("tab1", "<Your URL>");

Please let us know if you have any queries.

Regards,

Ponmalar P

KR krishnaveni December 26, 2012 01:03 PM UTC

Hii,

Your forums are very help full to me, But I have stucked with a problem. In my application I am using the tab web compnent like this  @Html.Orubase().Tab("tab_template").RenderMode(RenderMode.Auto).ContentPosition(Position.Top).Items(tabitem =>
{
    tabitem.Add().Text("Home").ActiveImageUrl(Url.Content("~/images/tab1_unselected.png"));
    tabitem.Add().Text("Search").ImageUrl(Url.Content("~/images/tab4_unselected.png"));
    tabitem.Add().Text("Messages").ImageUrl(Url.Content("~/images/tab3_unselected.png"));
    tabitem.Add().Text("Settings").ImageUrl(Url.Content("~/images/tab5_unselected.png"));
});
Now, I want the functionality: When I click on home tab it should go to the home page, how shall I give that?

SS Sahaya Sweetlin Ponmalar P Syncfusion Team December 28, 2012 10:37 AM UTC

Hi Krishnaveni,

To achieve your requirement you can use Tab’s “LoadAjaxContent” API which accepts action and controller name as parameters. This is used to load tab item content on demand.

Please find the below code snippet for your reference.

@{
Html.Orubase().Tab("tab_template").RenderMode(RenderMode.Auto).Items(tabitem =>
{
    tabitem.Add().Text("Home").ActiveImageUrl(Url.Content("~/images/tab1_unselected.png")).Content(@<div></div>);
    tabitem.Add().Text("Search").ImageUrl(Url.Content("~/images/tab4_unselected.png")).LoadAjaxContent("AjaxContent", "Home");
    tabitem.Add().Text("Messages").ImageUrl(Url.Content("~/images/tab3_unselected.png")).LoadAjaxContent("AjaxContent", "Home");
    tabitem.Add().Text("Settings").ImageUrl(Url.Content("~/images/tab5_unselected.png")).LoadAjaxContent("AjaxContent", "Home");
}).Render();
}

Please let us know if you have any further queries.

Regards,
Ponmalar P

KR krishnaveni January 4, 2013 05:47 AM UTC

Hi Ponmalar,

Thank you for the post, that is working fine. Can you please provide me with a sample orubase application for playing, recording and uploading audiio and video files.

Thanks in advance,

krishnaveni.

SS Sahaya Sweetlin Ponmalar P Syncfusion Team January 7, 2013 11:53 AM UTC

Hi Krishnaveni,

Thanks for your patience

We have created the Orubase sample for recording and playing the audio and video. Please check the attachment for the sample.  

Please let us know if you have any queries

Regards,

Ponmalar P

AudioVideoUpload_c1c0f420.zip

KR krishnaveni January 11, 2013 01:46 PM UTC

Hi,

I am using LoadAjaxContent for loading the tab contents that was working fine, I have a listview under a tab when i select a list item it is rendering another content and the tab is remaining, when I click on the back button of the emulator application gets quit, but what I want is that should go to the listview again.

Thanks in advance.

SS Sahaya Sweetlin Ponmalar P Syncfusion Team January 14, 2013 10:56 AM UTC

Hi Krishnaveni,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

We are analyzing about the " Back button is not allowing to move to the previous page" issue. We will update you about this in one business day ( 1/15/2013).

Please let us know if you have any queries.

Regards,

Ponmalar P

SS Sahaya Sweetlin Ponmalar P Syncfusion Team January 15, 2013 08:41 AM UTC

Hi Krishnaveni,

We are able to reproduce the "Back button is not allowing to move to the previous page" issue. We will fix this issue in any of our upcoming Orubase releases. We would request you to create incident in DirectTrac  for follow up.

Regards,

Ponmalar P

KR krishnaveni January 21, 2013 05:54 AM UTC

Hi,

I have created the incident, I am very thank full for the replies. I need a sample application for uploading audio and video files which are already existed in the mobile gallery or sd card in to my application. I will be very thank full for any suggestions.

SS Sahaya Sweetlin Ponmalar P Syncfusion Team January 22, 2013 05:24 AM UTC

Hi Krishnaveni,

Currently we don't have support to "upload audio and video files which are already exists with the device memory or SD card". We will consider this as feature request. We will include this feature in any of our upcoming Orubase releases.

Regards,
Ponmalar P

KR krishnaveni January 28, 2013 12:51 PM UTC

Hi,

Back button is not allowing to move to the previous page
Is this issue solved, please suggest me any solution for this issue.

Thanks in advance.

SS Sahaya Sweetlin Ponmalar P Syncfusion Team January 29, 2013 05:12 AM UTC

Hi Krishnaveni,

We have considered the "Back button is not allowing to move to the previous page"  issue and it will be available in Vol 1, 2013 Orubase release.

Regards,

Ponmalar P

MO Mijail O Tornes February 8, 2013 09:10 PM UTC

Hello,

Is it possible to remove the tabs in the Orubase Android app?
I'll like to open only "http://mywebsite.com/".
Will the absence of the Tabs and Bar component affect the interface between the website and the Orubase components? 
Thanks

SS Sahaya Sweetlin Ponmalar P Syncfusion Team February 11, 2013 07:03 AM UTC

Hi Mijail,

Yes, We can load single URL without using Orubase Tab control in Android application. To load the given URL, you can use addhome method from Orubase as below,

Syntax:

addHome(Context context, String url);

Example:

addHome(this, http://mywebsite.com/);

for more details about addHome method, please refer the link : http://help.syncfusion.com/UG/orubase/Documents/addhomecontextcontextstringurl.htm

Regards,

Ponmalar P

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon