We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Convert html to pdf

I converted an html to pdf using you product. the  Syncfusion.HtmlConverter.Base.dll

the resulted pdf is so blurry and unreadable(please see attached file)

Is there anything I am doing wrong that could cause this?

Thank you

comboForm1_c30a8945.zip

6 Replies

GM Geetha M Syncfusion Team November 20, 2012 12:08 PM UTC

Hi Jean,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion products.

1.    Could you please check if you have Internet Explorer version 9 installed in your machine? HtmlConverter makes use of MSHTML (IE rendering engine) to convert the webpage to image. With IE 9 there is a known issue that it generates only raster image which when drawn in PDF appears blurry. You can get more information on this from the following link:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee330732(v=vs.85).aspx#iviewobject_draw

As explained, to solve this, the key FEATURE_IVIEWOBJECTDRAW_DMLT9_WITH_GDI should be updated in the registry. Please run the utility placed in the following location to perform the above changes automatically.

Legacy Drawing.zip

Please try this and let me know if you have any questions.

Regards

Geetha

AB Abigail August 14, 2013 09:26 AM UTC

Do you enter a right code?Here is a demo code:
namespace RE__Test
{
public partial class Form1 : Form
{
public Form1()
{
InitializeComponent();
}

private void button1_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)
{

RasterEdgeImaging PDF = new RasterEdgeImaging();
public void ConvertPdftoHtml();
{
PDFInputFile = (@"C:/1.pdf");
PDFPageNumber = "1";
HTMLOutputFile = OutputFormat.html;
}
PDF.Save("OutputFormat.html", SaveFormat.Html);
}

KC Karthikeyan Chandrasekar Syncfusion Team August 20, 2013 04:00 AM UTC

Hi Abigail,

Thank you for your update.

The above discussion was related to converting Html to Pdf using Syncfusion components.

Syncfusion HtmlConverter makes use of MSHTML (IE rendering engine) to convert the webpage to image.

So we have to update the registry.

Please let us know if you have any concern.

Thanks,

Karthikeyan.C

DN Dnyani May 26, 2015 05:07 AM UTC

Hi Karthikeyan,

I am xamarin.forms for building croll platform app so I have to covert html file to pdf. Is syncfusion supporting for converting html to pdf in xamarin.forms ? if yes then please send me sample.

Thanks

PH Praveenkumar H Syncfusion Team May 27, 2015 09:42 AM UTC

Hi Abigali,

Currently we don’t have support for HTML to PDF conversion in Xamarin platform, we have already logged the feature request in our database.
We will update you once the feature has been implemented.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

With Regards,
Praveen

PH Praveenkumar H Syncfusion Team May 29, 2015 07:05 AM UTC

Hi Abigali,

We would like to inform you that we have logged this as a feature request in our database. We will implement this feature in any of our upcoming releases. We usually have an interval of at least three months between releases. The feature implementation would also greatly depend on the factors such as product design, code compatibility and complexity. Please log on to our support website to check for further updates :

https://www.syncfusion.com/account/login?ReturnUrl=%2fsupport%2fdirecttrac%2fincidents

Regards,
Praveen

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon