We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. (Last updated on : November 16, 2018).
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.
Syncfusion Feedback

Horizontal Scrollbar not responding to the change in the grid size(width)

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

105705 Nov 14,2012 05:38 PM UTC Jun 21,2013 05:58 AM UTC WPF 3
Tags: GridControl
Ohm
Asked On November 14, 2012 05:38 PM UTC

Hi,

We have multiple GridDataControls inside an ItemsControl. Since we have multiple GridDataControls, we don't want each of them to have their own horizontal scroll bar so we set the visibility of the horizontal scroll-bars for each GridDataControl to be hidden. And we have a ScrollViewer defined as a ControlTemplate for an ItemsControl. Since we hide the Horizontal Scroll bar, it seems the event (whatever event responsible for updating scrollbar) doesn't bubble up to the outmost ScrollViewer when we change the width of the grid.
If we set the visibility of the HorizontalScrollBar to visible, then works fine.
So, is there any way get around this issue.

Thanks,
Ohm

Rajasekar G [Syncfusion]
Replied On December 26, 2012 10:50 AM UTC

Hi Ohm, 

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. We have tested the reported issue in different scenario but we are unable to reproduce the issue. Could you please check the below sample and video? 

Sample: GridDataControl_ItemsControl.zip

Video: VideoScroll.zip

We suspect you are using our grid in some other scenario, So If possible could you please modify our sample and revert us with replication procedure, that would be very helpful to resolve your problem earlier.

Please let know if you have any queries.

Thanks,

Rajasekar

Ohm
Replied On April 2, 2013 06:17 PM UTC

I have made changes to the project you uploaded to reflect the scenario I have. When you increase the last column width beyond the screen (grid splitter in my case), I was expecting scroll viewer to adjust itself to display whole grid, but it doesn't. I was looking for the similar behavior as you would see if grid's horizontal scroll viewer was not hidden for individual grid.

ScrollbarGrid not event_e6d94d65.zip

Rajasekar G [Syncfusion]
Replied On June 21, 2013 05:58 AM UTC

Hi  Ohm,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

We regret to let you know that we are unable to update the properties of ScrollViewer present in the ItemsControl based on the GridDataVisibleColumn width(updated by column resizing) of GridDataControl  and it is the default behavior in GridDataControl  . So we would request you to use the default ScrollViewer present  in GridDataControl.

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Regards,

Rajasekar

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

Warning Icon You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.Close Icon

;