We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

How to implement a discriminated union with each row bound to a different field of the data source?

Let's say I have a data source of items each with a type field string typeValue that can contains "String", "Int" and "Bool".  I have 3 fields string stringValue; int intValue; bool boolValue.

I want a grid with two columns "Type" bound to typeValue and a "Value" column bound to either stringValue, intValue or boolValue depending on the value in typeValue.

e.g. a four row grid:

"String", "This is a string value bound to stringValue."
"String", "This is another string."
"Bool", false             <-- displayed as a tickbox
"Int", 16000

How do I do this with the data bound grid?  I can see I need a bound column for the type and an dynamically bound column .  For each row I would dynamically set the binding and display properties depending on the type.  For example the boolean row above would change the cell to a tickbox and bind it to boolValue.

Is this possible?

1 Reply

KR Kannan R Syncfusion Team December 4, 2012 10:38 AM UTC

Hi Hamish,

Thanks for using Syncfusion products.

We have prepared sample based on your requirement and it can be downloaded from below location.

Sample Location: 105694ForumSample.zip

Please let us know if you have any queries.

Thanks,

Kannan.R

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon