We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

how to disable Diagram control Label Edit?

Hi,

We are using diagram controls in our project. and I want to disable the label edit popup. but the drag and drop, resize property should be enabled.

Label edit popup is displaying in the latest version 10.3.0.43

7 Replies

AA Amsath Ali M Syncfusion Team November 15, 2012 01:12 PM UTC

Hi Shyam,

Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion products.

As you have posted the same query “how to disable Diagram control Label Edit?” in your another Direct-Trac incident #100130, please refer that incident for further follow up.

Please let us know if you have any queries.

Regards,

Amsath Ali. M

AL Alex Lapushinski July 11, 2013 10:36 PM UTC

Hi,
I have the same question about disabling pop-up for editing diagram label, could you please advise?
Also, I need to disable blue borders for re-sizing around selected node in diagram.
We are using Winforms diagram v11.1.

Thanks,
Alex

AA Amsath Ali M Syncfusion Team July 12, 2013 07:24 AM UTC

Hi Alex,

Thanks for using Syncfusion products.

We suggest you to use the diagram.Controller’s ‘InPlaceEditing’ property to ‘false’ and set the Node.EditStyle’s ‘DefaultHandleEditMode’ to  ‘None’ in order to disable the In-place editing of label and selection handler of node respectively. Please refer the below code snippet to achieve your requirement.

Here is the code:

[C#]

//sets a value indicating that in place editing is disabled.

diagram1.Controller.InPlaceEditing = false;

Ellipse ellp = new Ellipse(100, 100, 100, 70);

//sets the default mode for editing the object using selection handles.

ellp.EditStyle.DefaultHandleEditMode = HandleEditMode.None;

diagram1.Model.AppendChild(ellp);

Please refer the below attached sample and let us know if you have any queries.

Regards,

Amsath Ali. M

F105595_63a6e1d0.zip

AL Alex Lapushinski July 12, 2013 03:46 PM UTC

Thanks guys, it works perfectly!

Alex

AA Amsath Ali M Syncfusion Team July 15, 2013 12:36 PM UTC

Hi Alex,

Thanks for your update.

We are happy to hear that the issue has been resolved. Please let us know if you require any further assistance on this. We would be happy to help you out.

Regards,

Amsath

MO Masako Okudaira August 12, 2013 11:52 PM UTC

Hi,
I have a similar question, could you advise?
If I want to append the controls with in-place label editing true and the controls with false to the same diagram, how can I program it?
Setting InPlaceEditing property of diagram false looks applied to all the controls even if their DefaultHandleEditMode is not None.

diagram1.Controller.InPlaceEditing = false;

Regards,
Masako

AA Amsath Ali M Syncfusion Team August 29, 2013 12:18 PM UTC

Hi Masako,

Thanks for using Syncfusion products.

Your requirement “Need to disable label editor for certain nodes” can be achieved by setting the Label’s ‘ReadOnly’ property to ‘true’ for the nodes you want to disable the label editor. Please refer the below code snippet.

Here is the code:

[C#]

Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Diagram.Rectangle rect1 = new Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Diagram.Rectangle(400, 100, 100, 70);

Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Diagram.Label lbl = new Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Diagram.Label(rect1, "Rectangle2");

//Indicates that the label is not editable

lbl.ReadOnly = true;

rect1.Labels.Add(lbl);

diagram1.Model.AppendChild(rect1);

Please try the below attached sample and let us know if you any queries.

Regards,

Amsath Ali. M

111980_707c0613.zip

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon