We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Dealing with word template

I have two requirements
1. After uploading a word template to server I want only to retrieve data from table which match to fields in word template. As an example suppose my template consists with <<name>> and <<tel no>> fields. Without having knowledge about it but just using template get the details of those columns. (In simple word read the fields in word template )

2. This is little bit  related to 1st one, What will happen when if user uploads wrong template, How do I check that (I mean content)..
Thanks

2 Replies

CH Chathuranga October 16, 2012 01:47 PM UTC

I found this method 
string[] fieldNames = doc.MailMerge.GetMergeFieldNames();
but this works only for EmployeesReportDemo.doc template given by Syncfusion and it also only gives the first field name only.( <<Employees>> ). And this is not working templates which generated by my self. I follow correct way to create templates. Please help me. 

RM Ramkumar M Syncfusion Team October 17, 2012 09:43 AM UTC

Hi Chathuranga,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion products.

We are not able to reproduce the mentioned issue with GetMergeFieldNames() method. For your reference please find the sample that we have used to reproduce the issue.

Sample:

http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/Support/DirectTrac/99902/Sample411530762.zip

Could you please provide us the input document and code snippets that you have used on your side? So that we can analyze further the exact cause of issue and provide you the proper solution.

Please let us know if you have any question.

Regards

Ramkumar

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon