We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Rendering PDF or Word documents

Your control suite looks great,  I'm trying to figure out though how I can use it to render the contents of either a word document or a PDF into a WinRT app.  I can't find any methods or properties that look like they would enable that scenario.  I also thought of using export to html but looks like that isn't supported yet...

Any ideas I haven't thought of?  Any chance that will be added soon?

Thanks,
Dave

2 Replies

SM Suresh M Syncfusion Team November 1, 2012 03:50 PM UTC

Hi Dave,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion products.

At present we do not support rendering PDF documents in the WinRT, however we do support rendering PDF document in the WF, WPF and MVC platforms. We have already logged a feature request report for the implementation of the PDF Viewer for WinRT. Please create a direct trac incident to follow up the implementation of the feature.

Please let us know if you have any concerns.

Thanks,
Suresh

SJ Stephen Jebaraj Syncfusion Team November 2, 2012 01:52 PM UTC

Hi Dave,

Just wanted to clarify a couple of details which were not clear the previous response.

• Currently we don't have any controls that can be used to display Word and PDF documents
  • The workaround to export to HTML and display HTML is also not possible since our components do not export to HTML.
  • We do not know of any other workarounds to achieve this requirement using our controls.

We have logged a feature request but don't have any plans for implementing this functionality in the near future.

Thanks,

Stephen

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon