We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy.
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.
Syncfusion Feedback

Range and Interval problem

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

105502 Oct 31,2012 02:49 PM UTC Dec 13,2012 04:40 AM UTC WPF 3
Tags: Chart
Tanner Benjamin
Asked On October 31, 2012 02:49 PM UTC

Hi
I try to have always the same interval(Interval=1) on the X-Axes, even though I change the range from the X-Axes. So thats actualy not a problem I thought. I set the ChartAxis property IsAutoSetRange=false and the ChartSeries property IsIndexed=false. Everything works fine when the range is from 0 to any number but when I set the range from 10 to 20 the interval will change from 1 to 2 or when I put the range 10,30 the Interval will change to 3.
Why it changes the interval? Have I forgot something?
To see this issue on an example you can open the example in essential Studio: Chart/Chart Axis/Chart Axis Configuration Demo than set the interval to 1, disable AutoSetRange and enter range: 0,20 -> everything ok
now enter range 10,20 -> the interval will change...
Is there a way to have always the entered interval?

Thanks for your help
Ben

Karthikeyan V [Syncfusion]
Replied On November 29, 2012 01:05 PM UTC

Hi Ben,

We have analyzed the stated issue. This is due to IntersectAction behavior of Chart Axis. The IntersectAction property has been set default hide. So you can achieve it by applying IntersectAction as ChartAxis. Please find the code snippet below:

Code snippet [XAML]:

<syncfusion:ChartAxis x:Name="XAxis" Range="10,30" Interval="1" IntersectAction="Rotate" SmallTickSize="5" TickLinesRange="1" TickSize="15" RangePadding="Normal" Header="Number of Cars Sold" IsAutoSetRange="False" >

Please find the more details about the IntersectAction property in our documentation.

Documentation link: http://help.syncfusion.com/UG/User%20Interface/WPF/Chart/default.htm#!Documents/intersectinglabels1.htm

Please let us know if this helps.

Regards,
Karthikeyan V.

Tanner Benjamin
Replied On December 11, 2012 12:27 PM UTC

Dear Karthikeyan

Thank you for your reply. Unforthunately your suggestion didn't solve my problem.
I put the intersectAction property into the sample code:

<syncfusion:ChartAxis x:Name="XAxis" Range="0,30" Interval="1" IntersectAction="Rotate"  SmallTickSize="5" TickLinesRange="1" TickSize="15" RangePadding="Normal" IsAutoSetRange="False">