We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

GridGroupingControl and Async Data

We are using the GridGroupingControl and trying to make an Async call to a webservice and populate the grid, however the data is  never shown in the grid. If I use a normal gridview from the .Net controls we get the data to display, so I know the data is coming back. The async code is below. If I make gvDelievery a GridGroupingControl I get no data. Why is that?

Using VB.net 3.5, ASP.net Essential Studio 2009 Volume 4.

Private delivery As DeliveryWeb.Delivery

Protected Sub Page_Load(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Me.Load
        delivery = New DeliveryWeb.Delivery

AddHandler delivery.GetDeliveriesForArgentinaOrChileCompleted, AddressOf client_GetDeliveriesForArgentinaOrChileCompleted

delivery.GetDeliveriesForArgentinaOrChileAsync("United States", "SALES", "1921", "", "", "10/01/2012", "10/31/2012", "", 2)
    End Sub

Private Sub client_GetDeliveriesForArgentinaOrChileCompleted(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As DeliveryWeb.GetDeliveriesForArgentinaOrChileCompletedEventArgs)
        gvDelivery.DataSource = e.Result.Tables(0)
        gvDelivery.DataBind()
    End Sub

2 Replies

SG Stanley Glassnolongerwiththecompany November 1, 2012 12:18 PM UTC

Well I guess I stumped even the Syncfusion support. Maybe it's time to move away from Syncfusion tools.

RD Rakesh D Syncfusion Team November 6, 2012 04:00 AM UTC

Hi Stanley,

Thanks for using Syncfusion products.

We regret to let you know that we can provide solution for this only through Direct-Trac incident, so could you please create the incident in your direct trac account.

You can login to your Direct-Trac account using the credentials and password that are provided by our sales team to create incident. I would request you to use the following link to login to your DT account.

http://www.syncfusion.com/account/Logon

Please let us know if you need further assistance. We would be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Rakesh D

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon