We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

DocToPDFConverter problem

Hi,
I'm having som problems when I try to convert my word file to pdf. The Image sweco and the text under the image disappear on the first page and on the second page the two lines of text are written on top of eachother. See both the word file before converting and the converted pdf file in the attachment. My code is like this:

DocToPDFConverter

converter = new DocToPDFConverter();

//Convert word document into PDF document

PdfDocument pdfDoc = converter.ConvertToPDF(newDoc);

//Save the pdf file

savePDF = saveFileName + ".pdf";

pdfDoc.Save(savePDF);

Regards,
Øyvind Olsen
Norconsult Informasjonssystemer AS

rst_basic_sample_project_624e0568.zip

6 Replies

DY Deivaselvan Y Syncfusion Team November 8, 2012 05:19 PM UTC

Hi Oyvind,

Thank you for using Syncfusion products.

We are able to reproduce the mentioned text and image preservation issue in Doc to PDF conversion. We have forwarded this issue to our developer for further analysis. Could you please report this issue through Direct Trac Developer Support System (https://www.syncfusion.com/account/login?ReturnUrl=%2fsupport%2fdirecttrac%2fincidents because you can take the advantage of the expertise of a dedicated support engineer and a guaranteed response time and we hope you will take advantage of this system as well. If you have already reported, please ignore this.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Regards,
Deiva selvan

RS Richard Sold April 26, 2013 11:46 AM UTC

Hi !

I´ve had some issues with the DocToPDFConverter or when I save the pdfDocument to disc. The header logo from the Word document is not converted to PDF, but when I run it in a Nunit test with the same Word template Everything is alright. Could it be a security issue ? In the first - failing - case we call a PDFservice from a webclient through a webservice and in the second - successful case - we call the methods from within the webservice but it is still saved to disc from within the webservice.

Regards,

Richard Sold

SS Siva Subramanian Syncfusion Team May 1, 2013 12:20 PM UTC

Hi Richard,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion Products.

Kindly provide us the sample Application / code snippet and input template document which you have used to reproduce the mentioned header preservation issue in Doc to PDF conversion, so that we can further analyze the issue on our side and update you with the appropriate details.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Regards,

Sivasubramanian

AH Andrew Hasses November 19, 2013 05:45 AM UTC

Hi

Regarding header image not being exported and text then overlaying

Has this issue been resolved?
Am using Version - 11.104.0.21

thanks

AH Andrew Hasses November 19, 2013 07:20 AM UTC

Hi

More Investigation: 
Issue seems to be with the type of image

Will not convert copied and pasted Graphics and Vector Images
Changing all the images to inserted Jpegs seems to have fixed the problem

thanks

SV Sivasubramani V Syncfusion Team November 26, 2013 12:21 PM UTC

Hi Andrew,

Thank you for using Syncfusion products.

Kindly provide us the input Word template document along with sample Application / code snippet to reproduce the image preservation issue in Doc to PDF conversion, so that we could further analyze the issue on our side and update you with the appropriate details.

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Regards

Sivasubramani.V

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon