We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

generate multiple documents and download

Hello,
One of my requirement is generate multiple documents and download using a single method.

What are the posibilities to achieve this?
Can I use this as an array WordDocument document = new WordDocument();?
And how to download multiple documents?
Can I use  document.Save("sample", FormatType.Docx, Response, HttpContentDisposition.Attachment);  in  a for loop?
Can I do this or not?

thanks

8 Replies

CB Chathuranga Bandara November 9, 2012 09:00 AM UTC

instead of doing this
document.Save("sample", FormatType.Docx, Response, HttpContentDisposition.Attachment);

can we send document in a email? I mean without stored in hard disk and send directly through code?

some one help me please

RM Ramkumar M Syncfusion Team November 9, 2012 12:26 PM UTC

Hi Chap,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion products

We have prepared a sample to meet your requirement of download multiple DocIO generated documents or send via mail as attachemnt. Please find the sample from the attachment and let us know if this helps you

In this sample we have zipped all the documents as archive and then download or eMail that archive.

Please let us know if you have any question.

Regards

Ramkumar

Sample_918ce4a9.zip

CB Chathuranga Bandara December 7, 2012 05:39 AM UTC

thanks for your support. 
1. Is there any method to send .doc or docx file directly via mail without compressing?
2. What are the dll's need to use using Syncfusion.Compression.Zip; 

I used 
Syncfusion.Compression.Base.dll, Syncfusion.Core.dll. 
but error is C#: Unknown type or namespace 'Compression' of 'Syncfusion'. (vs2008, asp.net, 3.5)

RM Ramkumar M Syncfusion Team December 10, 2012 10:55 AM UTC

Hi Chathuranga ,

Thank you for your update

We have modified the sample to meet your requirement of send each .doc and .docx files directly via mail without compressing all the documents into an archive. For your reference please find the sample from below link and let us know if this helps you.

Sample:

http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/Support/DirectTrac/101979/Sample1281571355.zip

Regarding the dll's need to use using Syncfusion.Compression.Zip:

Syncfusion.Compression.Base.dll and Syncfusion.Core.dll are the dll’s need to use Syncfusion.Compression.Zip namespace. Also we are not able to reproduce the mentioned dll reference issue. Could you please provide us the sample project to reproduce the mentioned reference issue? So that we can analyse on the exact cause of the issue and provide you the proper solution.

For more information regarding assemblies need to be referenced in your application for the usages of Essential DocIO, please refer the below link:

http://help.syncfusion.com/UG/Reporting/DocIO/ASP.NET/default.htm#!documents/231dlls.htm

Regards

Ramkumar

CB Chathuranga Bandara December 12, 2012 06:31 AM UTC

Thanks RamKumar

RM Ramkumar M Syncfusion Team December 12, 2012 01:02 PM UTC

Hi Chathuranga ,

You are welcome. Please let us know if you have any question.

Regards

Ramumar

MR Mario Ramírez Pérez replied to Ramkumar M January 10, 2019 11:31 PM UTC

Hi Chap,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion products

We have prepared a sample to meet your requirement of download multiple DocIO generated documents or send via mail as attachemnt. Please find the sample from the attachment and let us know if this helps you

In this sample we have zipped all the documents as archive and then download or eMail that archive.

Regards

Ramkumar

Sample_918ce4a9.zip

Hello,
One of my requirement is generate multiple documents and download using a single method.

I saw a file in an old comment, but this link tells me that the document no longer exists, they could upload the file to be able to revise it

DB Dilli Babu Nandha Gopal Syncfusion Team January 11, 2019 12:36 PM UTC

Hi Mario, 

Thank you for your update. 

We have prepared a sample based on your requirement which can be downloaded from the following link. 

Please let us know if the sample fulfills your requirement. 

Regards, 
Dilli babu. 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon