We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Add New Row functionality in GridData control when mapped to complex properties

When adding new rows within a GridData control, when certain columns are bound to complex properties, it appears the data in the complex properties is discarded.  I've attached a modified example of the complex property binding solution (all I modified was ShowAddNewRow=True on the dataGrid), which illustrates the problem I'm seeing.  If you attempt to add a new row through the grid it will keep the OrderID and CustomerID values that were set, but the remainder of the values will be discarded.

Is there something I need to hook into when creating a new row through the grid when I'm bound to complex properties?

ComplexPropertyBindingAddNewRow_6f9113ce.zip

1 Reply

RS Ravi Shankar B Syncfusion Team November 29, 2012 11:39 AM UTC

Hi Ryan,

Thank you for using Syncfusion products.

Currently, we don’t have support for “Add New Row functionality in GridData control when mapped to complex properties”.

However, we do not provide confidential information and patches in the general forum.

You can also create an incident in our Direct trac account with the below link.

https://www.syncfusion.com/account/login?ReturnUrl=%2fsupport%2fdirecttrac%2fincidents

That would be helpful for us to fix the issues and provide the patch through incident.

Please let us know if you need any further assistance.

Regards,

Ravi Shankar B.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon