We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

GridDataControl Cut/Paste Rows

Greetings,

Previously you showed me how to use drag/drop to reposition rows in a grid.

I now need to do the same via a context menu. The goal is to have the Cut option as well as the keyboard shortcut remove the entire row from the grid as opposed to emptying the contents of the row. The Paste option should insert the cut row above the currently selected row.

Ultimately it would be great if the Cut row would remain in place until the paste operation but be highlighted (dimmed, etc) until Esc is pressed or the Paste operation is completed. I can then use the ObservableCollection.Move method to reposition the row.

I tried to override the Cut option in the context menu but the behavior was still the default. I also need the keyboard shortcuts to show on the menu along with the command description.

Would you please provide me with sample code? Most likely the row will be in read-only mode but it would be nice to have the option of making it work in both cases.

4 Replies

RG Rajasekar G Syncfusion Team September 30, 2012 06:34 PM UTC

Hi Michael,

Thank you for using Syncfusion products.

We have analyzed your query .We have prepared a sample based on this and it can be download from the following location.

Sample Location: GridDataControlSample.zip

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Raja sekar.G

MP Michael Philbrick October 10, 2012 05:49 PM UTC

Once again, just what I needed. Thanks.

RG Rajasekar G Syncfusion Team October 15, 2012 10:08 PM UTC

Hi Michael,

Thanks for the update.

Thanks,
Raja sekar.G    

RG Rajasekar G Syncfusion Team November 1, 2012 06:50 PM UTC

Hi Michael,

Thank you for your update.