We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

PDFViewerControl and PdfLoadedDocument

I'm new to the PdfViewerControl, so forgive my basic question.

I have a byte[] that was retrieved from a database that represents a PDF file. I use that byte array to construct a PdfLoadedDocument via the constructor. I can call PdfLoadedDocument.Save() at this point and save the file to my hard drive to confirm that the byte array is not corrupt and the file is complete.

When I try to load the PdfLoadedDocument into a PdfViewerControl via PdfViewerControl.Load(), only the background is rendered. The correct number of pages are displayed, but no fields. 

Is there something I need to be doing to render the fields? A better question would be to ask where I would best find this information so I don't post basic questions. The few examples in the class view of the documentation aren't helping.

Thanks.
Matt

3 Replies

SM Suresh M Syncfusion Team September 21, 2012 03:59 AM UTC

Hi Matt,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion products.

Can you please provide us a copy of the document that is not rendered in the PDF Viewer. This would be more helpful for us to further investigate on this.

Please let us know if you have any concerns.

Thanks,

Suresh

MS Matthew Simmons September 21, 2012 05:47 PM UTC

Sure. Thanks for responding.

I don't know if this will help you see my difficulty. I'm reading the byte[] from one of my databases. From that byte[] I create a PdfLoadedDocument. The funny thing is that if I then call LoadedDocument.Save() (which is the file I'm sending you), the PDF opens fine in Adobe. But when I load it in PdfViewerControl via it's Load(PdfLoadedDocument) method, I get the odd results.

I appreciate you looking at this.

Matt

test_c6bf4eaa.zip

SM Suresh M Syncfusion Team September 24, 2012 04:36 AM UTC

Hi Matt,

Thank you for your response.

We are able to reproduce the issue and we suspect it to be a defect, please create a Direct-trac incident to follow up the fix for this issue.

Please let us know if you have any concerns.

Thanks,

Suresh

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon