We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

GridDataControl ignoring underlying data changes

Hi.

I'm brand new to the SyncFusion product, so I'm probably missing something simple.  I am changing over from another 3rd party set of controls and thought I'd do a simple test with some grids.

I thought I'd load up 3 grids on a window and populate them all from the same ObservableCollection of view models (which do have INotifyPropertyChanged implemented).  The 3 grids are Microsoft's "DataGrid", your "GridDataControl" and my 3rd party's "XamGrid".  I am using the "ItemsSource" property on each of the grids to bind to my ObservableCollection.

All grids show the data .. all looks good.  I make a change to a view model in any of the grids and the DataGrid and XamGrid show the updated properties immediately (ie. as I leave the cell), but the GridDataControl doesn't update.  I have to actually click on the cell in the GridDataControl to get the updated data.  It's like it is ignoring the PropertyChanged event on the underlying viewmodels.  Do I need to turn this on - I couldn't find an option?  The other grids have it turned on by default, which I think is the desirable behaviour.

Any ideas how I should get this to work would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Gary

3 Replies

SA Santhosh A Syncfusion Team September 24, 2012 06:00 PM UTC

Hi Gary,

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion Support.

You can turn on the PropertyChanges to true by Setting the NotifyPopertyChanges=”True” in GridDataControl, bydefault it is false.  For your reference we have prepared a sample based on this and you can find the sample under the following location.

Sample: SyncfusionGDC.zip

Please let us know if you have any concerns.

Regards,

Santhosh.A

DU DudePascalou August 28, 2013 01:43 PM UTC

I had a very similar problem, but in my case I was updating an order property on the selected row's underlying data.
And I wanted the selected row to move up/down in the GridDataControl.

I found a turnaround with theses steps :
1. Get the index of the selected row.
2. Set the selected row property to null.
3. Modifiy the underlying data (order property).
4. Move the row in the underlying ObservableCollection.
5. Set the selected row with the item at the new index.

HTH

SM Saravanan M Syncfusion Team September 10, 2013 12:45 PM UTC

Hi DudePascalou,

Sorry for Delay,

We have analyzed your query. We could not understand your requirement clearly. Can you please share below query regarding this issue with us?

Once the modification completed, you will do some action to get relive from the editing mode.

For example (Press enter, select next cell or select next row).

Could you please share the action (after editing completed) with us?

This could be helpful to find the exact issue and resolve the issue soon.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Regards,

Saravanan.M

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon