We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Convert existing PDF document from color to grayscale - possible?

Hi all,

I have been looking around, however it does not seem to have an effective way to open an existing PdfLoadedDocument and convert everything in it (text, images, etc.) into grayscale. In my hand there is such a request to programmatically convert an existing PDF to black and white. Is this even possible using Syncfusion libraries?

Thanks,
Patrick

5 Replies

GL George Livingston Syncfusion Team September 21, 2012 06:30 AM UTC

Hi Patrick,

Thank you for using Syncfusion Product.

It is not possible to change the Color of the text i.e. to Grayscale, but it is possible to change the color of the images in the PDF document.

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Regards,

George

FA Fabian November 21, 2017 08:30 AM UTC

Hi,

Is there any progress on this topic?
Is it possible in the meantime?

Thanks,
Fabian

CM Chinnu Muniyappan Syncfusion Team November 24, 2017 05:27 AM UTC

Hi Fabian, 

Currently we do not have support for changing the text color to grayscale in existing PDF document, we have already added it to our feature request list. it will be implemented in one of our releases. The feature implementation greatly depends on product design, code compatibility and complexity. We request you to visit our website periodically for feature updates. 

Regards, 
Chinnu 

IM Ido Millet January 31, 2019 06:18 PM UTC

Can you provide an update on the status of this feature (convert pdf from color to grayscale)?

KC Karthikeyan Chandrasekar Syncfusion Team February 1, 2019 12:23 PM UTC

Hi Millet, 
We do not have support for converting color PDF to grayscale. We do not have any immediate plans to implement this feature. Please track the status from the below feedback link for future reference. 

Regards, 
Karthikeyan   

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon