We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Auto sizing a GridControl so that no gray displays

I have a window, and it contains a grid control.  There are only 5 cols and 19 rows, and the sizes of the columns are explicitly set.

Now, this GridControl is Docked (DockStyle.Fill) into the client area of a Form.  Said form has a MenuStrip docked to the top, a ToolStrip next, then a StatusStrip docked to the bottom and the GridControl is docked to fill up the remaining space.

Because my actual cells (rows and colums) only take up so much space, if the Form is resized to a huge size, there is gray in the background of the GridControl where the rows and cols don't reach.

I want to get rid of the gray.  I want rows and cols sized proportionately no matter how the user resizes the form bigger; if the user shrinks the Form, then I want scroll bars to appear.  Basically, I want the Grid to behave like a ListView that's in "Details" mode.

Then I want, when I resize the border of my form, I want the grid to keep the relative spacing both rows and columns but I want all the data to display.  If the Form gets smaller than that I want scroll bars to appear.

My question is, how to do this? I've Google searched and looked up Forum post after Forum post but I just don't have the answer.

1 Reply

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team September 17, 2012 11:51 AM UTC

Hi Brain Hatt,

We found the above query has also been addressed through DirectTrac Incident Id  98888. So please refer that incident for answers.

Regards,
Arun

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon