We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Custom Node With Combo Content AND Palette

Dear Support,
I'm using 10.3.0.43. 
I would like to create a custom symbol containing a ComboBox.
The "Node Contents Demo" is very good example, but I would like to give to the end user the capability to add the custom symbol with ComboBox using the palette.
Is there a simpler method to achieve this behavior than customizing dropped generic node in the nodeDropped event (that's only an idea, I've not tried to implement what I wrote)

Thank you

Best Redards

Domenico M.

5 Replies

PA Parthiban A Syncfusion Team September 12, 2012 12:21 PM UTC

Hi Domenico,

We have analysed your query, we have  created a sample, in which we added combo box as symbol palette item to symbol palette. We set IsHitTestVisible property of combo box as false, since it is exist as content of symbol palette item, so you can drag and drop it from symbol palette. We set focus to combo box, after drag and drop symbol palette item from symbol palette and also set the IsHitTestVisible property of combo box is as true.

Now you can focus to combobox, after drag and drop custom symbol palatte item from symbol palette. For more information, please refer the following sample.

Please let us know if you require further assistance on this.

Regards,

Parthiban A.

CustomPallete_d8faa606.zip

DM Domenico Mozzone September 24, 2012 08:11 AM UTC

Hi Parthiban,
thank you very much for you sample, it fully fits my requirements.
Best regards
Domenico

PA Parthiban A Syncfusion Team September 25, 2012 04:09 AM UTC

Hi Domenico,

Thanks for your feedback, please let us know if you have any other concerns. As always, we will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Parthiban A.

DM Domenico Mozzone October 11, 2012 03:32 PM UTC

Dear Parthiban,
I tried to insert in the custom node an AutoComplete control.
There are some problems:
1. I can not bind to the Autocomplete any source
2. when I save the Diagram what happen to the ItemSource? I nedd to rebind after diagram load?

I've attached your example in where I added the Autocomplete node.

Thank you
Regards

Domenico

CustomPallete.2012.10.11.17.15.19_3f5f85f8.zip

DK Dinesh Kumar P Syncfusion Team November 6, 2012 06:02 AM UTC

Hi Domenico,

Sorry for the delay being caused.

Query: ‘Use AutoComplete as a Custom Tool in Diagram Pallette’

Please download the sample attached with this forum.

In the sample, we have added the AutoComplete control to the SymbolPaletteGroup. To bind the Itemsource in AutoComplete control the following properties have to be set,
1) Source – Custom
2) CustomSource – Name of the Collection
3) IsLoadCustomSourceOnToggle - True
4) IsHistory - False

If these properties are set, the Autocomplete would be loaded with Items as you required.

Please let us know in case of any other queries.

Thanks,

Dinesh Kumar P

CustomPalette_Solution_8dbf2a80.zip

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon