We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Is it possible to add any additional information to the schedule dialog

Hi,

I am using syncfusion schedule control with asp.net mvc 4 application with razor view.
But my functionality is i want to add a button and an additional drop down list for the
pop up window such that i will to select multiple resources and able to schedule multiple 
schedule on an single save click function. And i want an additional button in the schedule 
pop up dialog.
Just i want to add a button in the dialog. I want the remaining functionality similar. Can i able to 
add an button and use that button for other purposes. I hope you understand my question.
Please provide me an  sample 

Thanks and Regards
Srinivas

5 Replies

SG Saravanan G Syncfusion Team September 12, 2012 09:10 AM UTC

Hi Srinivas,

We cannot add controls (button, dropdown list etc...) in default appointment dialog, but we can customized full appointment window, so we create separate dialog box to design our own style. Call the Customized appointment dialog in two client side events “ClientSideOnCellDoubleClick” and “ClientSideOnAppointmentDoubleClick” like below code:

function cellUpDblClick(sender, args) {

args.cancel = true; // this line to cancel the default action (So not load the default Appointment window)
    $("#ClientAppointmentWindow").addClass('clientAppointment');
    $(".ClientAppointment").css("visibility""visible");
    $("#ClientAppointmentWindow").dialog("open");

}

function showAppointmentDetails(sender, args) {
args.cancel = true;
$("#ClientAppointmentWindow").addClass('clientAppointment');
    $(".ClientAppointment").css("visibility""visible");
    $("#ClientAppointmentWindow").dialog("open");

. . . . .

}

Please refer the below online sample:

http://mvc.syncfusion.com/demos/ui/schedule/Customization/CustomAddEditDialog

Please let us know if you have any other concerns.

Regards,

Saravanan G

AG Arjun Gudla September 12, 2012 12:09 PM UTC

Hi  Saravanan,

Thanks for the fast reply,
I have already seen that example. In that example when i am clicking the cell first it is
displaying the default appointment dialog after closing that custom appointment window
is visible. i don't want to view the default one. How can i do that. 

In the custom view can i add additional button that was out of box of schedule. And using that customized dialog how can i save the values to the database.Please provide me sample.
Hope you understand my question

Thanks and Regards,
Srinivas

UM Uma Maheswari C Syncfusion Team September 14, 2012 01:30 PM UTC

Hi Srinivas,
The following changes are needed to be made in your script, so that the default appointment window will not get opened.
function cellUpDblClick(sender, args) {
    args.cancel = true;
    context = sender;
    showAppointmentForm();
}
function showAppointmentDetails(sender, args) {
    args.cancel = true;
    context = sender;
    showAppointmentForm();
}
Here, the “args.cancel = true” will block the default action of displaying the normal appointment window.
The additional buttons can also be added to the custom appointment window by adding the appropriate codes in the .cshtml file.

For your convenience, we have created the sample with your requirements and the sample can be downloaded from the below attachment. 

Please refer the below sample and let us know if you have any other concerns.

Regards,
Uma Maheswari C

NewCustomAppointment_b888c4cf.zip

BH Bhavani September 29, 2012 07:17 AM UTC

Hi,

When i click the cell in the schedule i want to open the custom appointment form in new tab. Where present 
schedule is in first tab. And new custom appointment form is next tab. when i click on the cell the second tab
should be opened and when click on save the schedule should be added in the first tab.
Is scuh functionality working in syncfusion.

I am using asp.net mvc4 razor view and entities model to display and save data

Thanks and Regards,
Bhavani

SG Saravanan G Syncfusion Team October 5, 2012 05:45 AM UTC

Hi Bhavani,

We have prepared a simple sample to meet your requirements and the sample can be downloaded from the below link. 

Regards,

Saravanan G

ScheduleSample_3f77f6a3.zip

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon