We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

issue in upgrading to 10.3.0.43 from 6.4.0.15

Hi,
We have been using Syncfusion controls in our product for atleast 3years. Currently our project is in .net 2.0 (and Syncfusion 6.4.0.15), and we are going to migrate it to 4.0 so we thought to update Syncfusion also to version 10.3.0.43.
In our solution we have referenced few DLLs of Syncfusion like Syncfusion.Core, syncfusion.shared.seb, syncfusion.tools.web etc.

After upgrading, the desktop application our product is working fine, but in web application, we are getting issues.
We are using Syncfusion in Drag, Zoom in/out, Pan etc. functionality. So it adds the following JS code in ASPX file:
................................................................................................................................................
WebForm_InitCallback();window._sfMapControl1 = new CallbackPanelObject('MapControl1','MapControl1');

__SFControlCollection.Add(_sfMapControl1);
_sfMapControl1.enableCallback=true;
_sfMapControl1.enablePostback=true;
_sfMapControl1.enableXHTML=false;
_sfMapControl1.BeforeCallback=function(arg){eval("ShowModalDialog();");};
_sfMapControl1.AfterCallback=function(){};
_sfMapControl1.BeforeCallbackResponse=function(){};
_sfMapControl1.AfterCallbackResponse=function(){};

_sfMapControl1.callback = function(arg, async, ev )
{
SFCallBackControl_DoCallBack( _sfMapControl1, "MapControl1", "Refreshing...", SFCallBackControl_OnCallback, arg, async, ev )
};
;
window.status='';
After upgrading the Framework and Syncfusion, it is giving error in the first sentence i.e. 
WebForm_InitCallback() is not defined
and I am using _sfMapControl1 in AJAX callback operation, so it is also throwing error that this variable is not defined.
Please suggest if I need to modify something to use this in my code. 
Thanks
Tarandeep

3 Replies

VR Varalakshmi R.S Syncfusion Team September 11, 2012 06:11 AM UTC

Hi Tarandeep,

We regret for the inconvenience.

We regret to let you know that CallBackPanel has been deprecated from our source. So, can you please provide a simple sample, stack trace to check this issue in our end.

Regards,

Varalakshmi

TL Tarandeep Labana September 12, 2012 06:36 AM UTC

Hi,

Ok, I have few more quesries:
1. up to which version had you supported this feature? 
2. can I continue to use 6.4.0.15 with .net 4.0 solution?

regards
Tarandeep

VR Varalakshmi R.S Syncfusion Team September 14, 2012 01:00 PM UTC

Hi Tarandeep,

We regret for the delay in getting back to you.

We had provided support for VS2010 for our products from Essential Studio 8.1.0.26 version, since VS2010 was released by that time only. So, in order to achieve your project in VS2010, we suggest you to upgrade to our latest version Essential Studio 10.3.0.43. We have also provided support for VS2012 for our controls in this latest version. Or ASP.Net Ajax UpdatePanel can be used instead of CallBack Panel to avoid this issue. Here, script manager should be added before rendering the controls in your application. The scripts can be registered using either ASP ScriptManager or Syncfusion ScriptManager. Please refer the below code snippet.

[aspx]

//ASP ScriptManager

<asp:ScriptManager ID="ScriptManager1" runat="server">

</asp:ScriptManager>

//Syncfusion SCriptManager

<syncfusion:SFScriptManager ID="SFScriptManager1" runat="server">

</syncfusion:SFScriptManager>

Kindly try the above solution and let us know if it helps.

Regards,

Varalakshmi

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon