We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Search data with Parent/Child relationship defined in GridGroupingControl

Hi,

I've GridGroupingControl with multiple Parent/Child relationship and data are retrieved using independent rest service calls. So, on the parent grid, I need to display data from different result-sets and in one of the classic samples, I found a functionality to display data in same grid with primary key/foreign key relationships. I've a data table with two columns (foreignKeyId and foreignKeyText) and I've code something like this:

GridRelationDescriptor descriptor = new GridRelationDescriptor("RelatedTable");
            descriptor.ChildTableName = "SourceDataList";
            descriptor.RelationKind = RelationKind.ForeignKeyKeyWords;
            descriptor.RelationKeys.Add("primaryKeyId", "foreignKeyId");

this.GridGroupingControl1.Engine.TableDescriptor.Relations.Add(descriptor);
            this.GridGroupingControl1.Engine.SourceListSet.Add("SourceDataList", dataTable);

So, on the ASPX page, I added a column to parent grid with mappingName = "RelatedTable.foreignKeyText". This works ok and I can see data loaded appropriately.
However, when I search data on GridGroupingControl, the foreignKeyText field doesn't get populated again and it changes to empty text. 

Not sure if there are any events that has to be implemented or any properties has to be set on GridGroupingControl, so any help would be really appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

1 Reply

RD Rakesh D Syncfusion Team September 12, 2012 09:00 AM UTC

Hi TD,

Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion products.

It seems that there is issue in searching data with parent/child relationship using foreignkeykeywords relationkind. We request you to create an incident in your direct trac account so that we could fix the issue and help you.

Please let us know if you have any concern.

Regards,

Rakesh D 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon