We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Error registering Syncfusion.GeckoWrapper.dll

Hi,

I've been trying to test HTML to PDF conversion using the Gecko engine via the
GeckoHtmlRendererControl class, but when I try to register the Syncfusion.GeckoWrapper DLL as described in the online documentation I get the error:

'The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect.'

When I check the event log I find the error:

'Dependent Assembly Microsoft.VC90.DebugCRT,processorArchitecture="x86",publicKeyToken="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b",type="win32",version="9.0.21022.8" could not be found'

As far as I can tell the DLL it is looking for is installed as part of Visual Studio 2008, but shouldn't be redistributed as it is for debug only.

Is this correct? Am I missing a step or is there somewhere I can get this DLL?

Thanks

10 Replies

GM Geetha M Syncfusion Team September 4, 2012 07:28 AM UTC

Hi Joshua,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion products.

GeckoWrapper.dll requires ATL90.dll & msvcr90d.dll to be present in the machine. You can get those assemblies by installing VC++ 2008 (SP1) Express edition in the machine.

Here are the steps to follow:

1. Install Visual C++ 2008 Express Edition with SP1 from the following link:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-in/download/details.aspx?id=14597

2. Copy the XulRunner-2.0.sdk (shipped with install – {Installed Drive}:\Program Files\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\{version number}\XulRunner-2.0.sdk\bin\) to the server.

3. Register the Syncfusion.GeckoWrapper.dll using the following command in command prompt:

regsvr32 Syncfusion.GeckoWrapper.dll

Please try this and let me know if you have any questions.

Regards

Geetha

GM Geetha M Syncfusion Team September 4, 2012 07:28 AM UTC

Hi Joshua,

GeckoWrapper.dll requires ATL90.dll & msvcr90d.dll to be present in the machine. You can get those assemblies by installing VC++ 2008 (SP1) Express edition in the machine.

2. Copy the XulRunner-2.0.sdk (shipped with install – {Installed Drive}:\Program Files\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\{version number}\XulRunner-2.0.sdk\bin\) to the server.

3. Register the Syncfusion.GeckoWrapper.dll using the following command in command prompt:

Regards

Geetha

JO Joshua September 5, 2012 09:01 AM UTC

Thanks for that, I've been able to register the DLL now and make some progress.

Unfortunately I'm still having problems - when I call the Convert method on HtmlConverter, the HtmlToPdfResult instance I get back has no RenderedImage set, and so when I try to render it I get an 'Image cannot be null' PdfException.

I've attached the code I'm using for the conversion, but I can't see anything in it that would cause the conversion to fail to produce an image.

Please let me know if you can recreate the problem or if there is anything I can check or try.

Thanks

ConvertHtml_aa4d0bc3.zip

GM Geetha M Syncfusion Team September 6, 2012 05:37 AM UTC

Hi Joshua,

Thank you for the details.

Could you please make use of the following code snippet and send us the HTML if it does not work for you?

Dim document As New PdfDocument

Using renderer As New GeckoHtmlRendererControl()

Using converter As New HtmlConverter(renderer)

Using result As HtmlToPdfResult = converter.Convert(sHtmlPath, ImageType.Metafile, CInt(Fix(width)), CInt(Fix(height)), dimension)

result.Render(document)

End Using

End Using

End Using

Regards

Geetha

JO Joshua September 6, 2012 08:54 AM UTC

That did the job, the conversion seems to be working fine now.

Thanks for your help.

GM Geetha M Syncfusion Team September 7, 2012 04:15 AM UTC

Hi Joshua,

Glad to hear that the problem was resolved. Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Regards
Geetha

JE Jeremy July 1, 2014 06:35 PM UTC

Hello,

I had the same problem with with Syncfusion 12.1.0.43.  Will Syncfusion have an upgrade where the Visual C++ 2008 won't need to be installed or is this just a requirements to use the GeckoHtmlRendererControl class?

Thanks,

Jeremy

ER Eric Rosenblum replied to Geetha M September 16, 2014 10:03 PM UTC

Hi Joshua,

Regards

Geetha

The link in number one below no longer works, can you provide an updated link please.

In step 2 below you say "Copy the XulRunner-2.0.sdk (shipped with install – {Installed Drive}:\Program Files\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\{version number}\XulRunner-2.0.sdk\bin\) to the server."  

do you mean copy the bin folder of the source to the bin folder on the destination?  If so I really don't want to copy ALL the files as there are so many, I just want to copy the necessary files.  Please provide the list.

In step 3 regsvr32 Syncfusion.GeckoWrapper.dll

returns an error.  Any ideas?

KC Karthikeyan Chandrasekar Syncfusion Team September 17, 2014 12:54 PM UTC

Hi Eric,

Thank you for your update.

Please find the modified link in the below location.

http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=7729279

For registering the Gecko Wrapper, we have to copy the XulRunner once in the server and then we have run the XulRunner for registering. The error in Step-3 may due to the missing of assemblies please provide us the error message so that we can provide you the proper solution.

Thanks,

Karthikeyan.C

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon