We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

How hard to configure for a new language?

I just found out about the SyncFusion Edit control. Before I invest major time & effort, has anyone created a complete config for a language? How hard is it? I''m thinking of Caché ObjectScript/MUMPS. Has anyone done that?

1 Reply

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 4, 2004 11:08 AM UTC

Hi Jay, Creating a configuration file for Essential Edit is a relatively simple task. Please refer to the sample configuration files in the directory ...\Syncfusion\Essential Suite\Edit\Samples\Ini Files. This contains configuration files for several languages such as C, C++, C#, VB.NET, Java, SQL etc. Each language has a specific configuration file associated with it, which contains its syntax coloring information like the ColorGroups, Tags, Keywords, DataTypes etc. You can easily use our syntax configuration model to create a configuration file for any desired language. Once the configuration file is ready, you could simply plug this into the EditControl using the following code : editControl.SettingFile = ConfigurationFileName; Please let me know if you need any other information. Thanks for considering Syncfusion products. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon