We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Resource Editing

I downloaded your product for Sliver light Gantt chart. I have seen sliverlight gantt and it very much interactive
but I have some doubts
1. How can edit resources 
2.  How do you calculate the Actual Start Date in statics report
3. Can I add tow more columns for task info i.e. Actual Start and Actual End depending this columns Task Statics may change (as like in MS Project)  is this possible
4.  When we are saving into XML file is saving with columns like ManualStart, ManualFinish, EarlyStart, EarlyFinish, LateStart, LateFinish is there any way to add/edit those columns.

1 Reply

RA Riyaj Ahamed I Syncfusion Team September 3, 2012 12:52 PM UTC

Hi Satya,

Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion Product.

We have analyzed your queries and please find the responses below,

S. No

Query

Comments

How can edit resources 

Currently we do not have the support to edit the Resources dynamically. But you can edit the resource by changing the value in underlying source. We have already logged the feature report on this requirement.

How do you calculate the Actual Start Date in statics report

We have calculated the Actual start from internally from the Starting date of the project.

Can I add two more columns for task info i.e. Actual Start and Actual End depending this columns Task Statics may change (as like in MS Project)  is this possible

Yes, you can add the columns for Actual Start and Actual Finish by using Custom Columns. But the columns value will not reflect in Project Statistics.

To know more about Custom Columns Please refer the Following link,

Link: http://help.syncfusion.com/UG/User%20Interface/Silverlight/Gantt/default.htm#!documents/55howtoincludecustom.htm

When we are saving into XML file is saving with columns like ManualStart, ManualFinish, EarlyStart, EarlyFinish, LateStart, LateFinish is there any way to add/edit those columns.

We have performed the XML serialization and Deserialization based on the MS Project.

Columns name in XML file will be as same as in MS Project. Hence You can’t able to edit/add the columns in XML file. If you add/edit the column you will got the error on Deserialization.

To know more about XML import/export please refer the following link,

Link: http://help.syncfusion.com/UG/User%20Interface/Silverlight/Gantt/default.htm#!documents/411importandexportsu.htm

Please let us know if you have any concern.

Regards,

Riyaj Ahamed I

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon