We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy.
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.

Drag drop helper for document window

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

104941 Aug 29,2012 11:48 PM Sep 6,2012 07:49 AM WPF 3
Tags: Tools
Administrator [Syncfusion]
Asked On August 29, 2012 11:48 PM

Visual Studio 2010 has a helper for when moving or tiling document windows. Is this possible with the WPF GUI tools library?

Dinesh Kumar P [Syncfusion]
Replied On September 4, 2012 10:03 AM

Hi Malcolm Davey,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

You have requested to know whether a document could be moved or dragged like in Visual Studio. This is possible using our Syncfusion control namely ‘DockingManager’ control. This could be achieved by using its property ‘IsVS2010DraggingEnabled’ and its property value should be set to true. Using this you can drag your document and make it float separately and you can see dock providers to dock it back in desired place.

Please find the sample program and video file attached with this update.

Hope we have fulfilled your requirement.  Please let us know if you have any other queries.

Regards,

P. Dinesh Kumar

DragDrop_forum_b8891bdb.zip

Administrator [Syncfusion]
Replied On September 4, 2012 10:09 PM

Thanks for your feed back. I understand there is a general drag drop helper, but what I'm interested in this that in Visual Studio 2010, there is a difference to this between "document" windows and other toolbar/windows. The others can be pinned and hidden etc, but the document windows can only be split horizonally or vertically, or floated, or placed tabbed next to another document, and the "helper" is different, and doesn't have the options at the side.
I have looked at a few of the samples, but none of them behave the same way as Visual Studio 2010.
I did try modifying a sample, but none did what Visual Studio did exactly - it seemed to treat the "document" window like any other window.

Narendran M [Syncfusion]
Replied On September 6, 2012 07:49 AM

Hi Malcolm,

We have created a feature request for VS2010 in Document window.

This feature can be tracked through our Feature Management http://www.syncfusion.com/support/directtrac/features

We are closing this incident now, but you will be able to communicate with us regarding the open features at any time using the “Contact” option.

Regards,
Narendran.M

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.

;