We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

How to give tooltip to cells of a column in GGC

Hi

I need to give tool tip for all the cells of 2 columns. The tooltip text is same as column/cell text . I tried many options for the same. It would be helpful if I get some sample code.

Thanks,

Varsha

1 Reply

YO Yogeshwaran Syncfusion Team September 4, 2012 06:12 AM UTC

Hi Varsha,

Thanks for using Syncfusion products.

Your requirement to assign tool tip to particular column can be achieved by using QueryCellStyleInfo. Please refer the following code snippet.

this.GridGroupingControl1.QueryCellStyleInfo += new GridTableCellStyleInfoEventHandler(GridGroupingControl1_QueryCellStyleInfo);

void GridGroupingControl1_QueryCellStyleInfo(object sender, GridTableCellStyleInfoEventArgs e)

{

if (e.TableCellIdentity.TableCellType == GridTableCellType.RecordFieldCell || e.TableCellIdentity.TableCellType == GridTableCellType.AlternateRecordFieldCell)

{

if (e.TableCellIdentity.Column.MappingName == "Name" || e.TableCellIdentity.Column.MappingName == "Currency")

{

e.Style.CellTipText = e.Style.Text;//Assign cell value to tool tip

}

}

}

For your convenience , we have created the sample and same can be downloaded from below link.

tooltip.zip

Please let us know if you have any concerns.

Regards,

Yogesh R

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon