We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Basic MVC3 DataTable bound Grid not appearing

Hi,
I've just downloaded Syncfusion evaluation copy and am trying to get my Syncfusion grid to show up.
My setup is a simple VS2010 MVC3 project and I'm referencing the Syncfusion dlls from the bin (not from GAC. This is important for us to keep the dlls in the BIN and not have them installed). 

Looking at all the examples online -  I think I've all the code pieces including the web.config as defined but I'm not sure what am I missing to get this to work.

I'm attaching the sample project for reference. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

SyncfusionGrid_f61f383f.zip

5 Replies

BM Bala Murugan A.S Syncfusion Team August 27, 2012 07:08 AM UTC

Hi Avi,

Thanks for using Syncfusion Products.

We suggest you to include MicrosoftAjax.js and MicrosoftMvcAjax.js to resolve your issue. Please refer the below code snippet.

[_layout.cshtml]

<script src="@Url.Content("~/Scripts/MicrosoftAjax.js")" type="text/javascript"></script>
 <script src="@Url.Content("~/Scripts/MicrosoftMvcAjax.js")" type="text/javascript"></script>

For your convenience, we have modified your sample and the same can be downloaded from the below link.

Sample: http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/Support/DirectTrac/97917/SyncfusionGrid-1488167781.zip

Please try the above modified sample and let us know if you have any other concerns.

Regards,
Bala Murugan A.S

AV Avi August 27, 2012 02:10 PM UTC

Hi,
Thanks for the quick reply. I was able to download and see the changes.

Regards

BM Bala Murugan A.S Syncfusion Team August 28, 2012 03:46 AM UTC

Hi Avi,

Thanks for your update.

Please let us know if you have any further assistance.

Regards,
Bala Murugan A.S

AV Avi August 28, 2012 03:50 PM UTC

I've another quick question - (Sorry for using the same post):
Do I need to install 'SyncFusion' as part of my deployment or can I just use the dlls from the bin?

I'm asking this because when I published this project on one of our servers - it didn't work giving me "Object Reference...." error on the line where I was using syncfusion.

Then I un-installed SyncFusion on my local dev machine and received the same error from this project.

It is important for our deployment to not have to install SyncFusion. Can you please let us know if there is a way to achieve this?

Thanks

RD Rakesh D Syncfusion Team September 3, 2012 12:40 PM UTC

Hi Avi,

Thanks for using Syncfusion products.

You can use the “dll” from your bin folder and no need to install syncfusion as part of your deployment. To solve the object reference error which you mentioned, add “Syncfusion.Theme.Base.dll” to your bin folder and run the project. Even after adding,  if the errors persits, send us the snapshot of stack trace and other error details so that we can help you to solve the error.

Please let me know if you have any concerns.

Regards,

Rakesh D

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon