We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Silverlight5 Custom Nodes and Palette

Dear Support,
I have to use version 10.104.0.44 and SL5.

My need is to create custom nodes in the palette to be used to build a diagram.

Trying the example in 
http://help.syncfusion.com/UG/User%20Interface/Silverlight/Diagram/default.htm#!documents/4852definenodeportgr.htm
I can place a Node in the palette but when I click on it to drag and drop on the diagram area an Exception in thrown.

I tried also to customize a palette symbol in another way, loading a Canvas with various objects. Well in this case the node is placed in the palette and is visible, but when dragged on the diagram it become invisible.

Where are my mistakes?

It' quite urgent to give feedback to our customers

Best Regards

Domenico Mozzone
Setteidea Genoa Italy

TestCustomNodes.2012.07.26.13.20.23_6b4585e2.zip

3 Replies

SC Sudhakar C Syncfusion Team July 30, 2012 10:26 AM UTC

Hi Domenico,

We have analyzed your query “CustomNodes in SymbolPalette”, Node’s mouse move event will be fire when we move the mouse onto the Node (SymbolPaletteItem’s Content). So that an exception is raised. So please set IshitTestVisible property of the Node as false till drag and drop the SymbolPaletteItem from SymbolPalette. Please refer the following code snippet.

Code Snippet :

node.IsHitTestVisible = false;

And also, we have created a simple sample for your reference. Please refer the sample for more information.

Please let us know if you require further assistance on this.

Regards,

Sudhakar.C

CustomNodeInPaletteSilverlight5_5cfd8637.zip

DM Domenico Mozzone September 11, 2012 07:07 PM UTC

Thank you for your help
Best Regards
Domenico M

SC Sudhakar C Syncfusion Team September 12, 2012 08:39 AM UTC

Hi Domenico,

Thanks for your update.

Regards,

Sudhakar.C