We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

preventing node from leaving diagramview

Hello,

my problem is that i do not want nodes to leave the visible diagramview area. Is there a property anywhere? I tried moving it back to 0 coordinate whenever dropping in a negative area, but that doesn't work.
And is there any way to prevent nodes from laying over one another and instead docking to their borders?

Thank you,
Phil

2 Replies

PH Philipp July 20, 2012 02:34 PM UTC

sorry, wrong forum

SC Sudhakar C Syncfusion Team August 1, 2012 06:00 AM UTC

Hi Philipp,

We have analyzed your query and the responses are below.

Query 1: When we drop the node in negative side of the diagram page, we have set the dropped node’s “Offset X” or “Offset Y” to zero to prevent dropping the node in a negative side of the diagram page.

Query 2: If any node is dropped from the SymbolPalette or drag and drop the node on to the another node (overlapping with any node), we have to find out the nearest empty space and will place the node to that position to avoid overlapping. 

We have created a simple sample for your reference. In that sample, if you drag and drop the node in negative side, it will be move to the positive coordinate. And also, if you drop the node from symbolpalette or drag and drop the node on to any node (overlapping with any node), it will be move to the nearest empty space. For more information please refer the sample, which can be downloaded from the following location.

Please let us know if you have any concerns.

Regards,

Sudhakar.C

PreventFromOverlapping_8abac19c.zip

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon