We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. (Last updated on : November 16, 2018).
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.
Syncfusion Feedback

Rendering tab stops

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

104428 Jul 18,2012 01:13 PM UTC Aug 3,2012 10:17 AM UTC ASP.NET Web Forms (Classic) 7
Tags: PDF
Emma Clarke
Asked On July 18, 2012 01:13 PM UTC

Hi,

I have an asp textbox which users are allowed to enter tabs in (\t)

When I then try to pdf the information the \t is replaced with spaces, or at least thats what it looks like.

I am using a PDFLightTable, and assigning a string array to its datasource, which contains by text with tabs

Any ideas if this is possible to render tabs correctly?

Thanks
Emma

Geetha M [Syncfusion]
Replied On July 19, 2012 09:33 AM UTC

Hi Emma,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion products.

I am afraid that I am not clear about the requirement. Could you please let us know what you intend to see when tabstop is inserted? Also, it would be helpful if you send us a simple sample.

Regards
Geetha

Emma Clarke
Replied On July 19, 2012 12:14 PM UTC

We have a control which allows tabs i.e.
Hello    1
When i try to pass the string to the PdfLightTable, which in this case, would be something like:
"Hello\t1\t\t2"
It ignores the \t and replaces it with spaces, the text then does not line up correctly.

I can produce a syncfusion word doc and it works correctly but if i try to convert it to a pdf, using the syncfusion assembly, it again ignore the tabs. If i save a word doc created by my app and then manually save it as a pdf, i.e. through Word, it works.

Can you explain a reason for this behaviour or if there is anyway for me to resolve it?

Thanks

Emma Clarke
Replied On July 19, 2012 12:36 PM UTC

this article suggests that it should be possible but it doesn't work for me

I have attached a cut down version of my code.

Thanks

CreatePDFwithTabs_c37498bc.zip

Deivaselvan Y [Syncfusion]
Replied On July 26, 2012 04:20 AM UTC

Hi Emma,

Thank you for your update.

We have prepared a sample to illustrate your requirement of inserting a Tab stop into word document and directly convert into PDF. Please do find the sample and the converted PDF from the attachment. Try running the sample and let us know if this helps you.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Regards,
Deiva selvan

Sample_800dd687.zip

Emma Clarke
Replied On July 30, 2012 11:51 AM UTC

Hi,

I'm afraid you solution is worse, although the code looks the same it completely ignore the \r\n and just doesn't print anything after it. Attached is the result I get from running the VS2010 version.

Thanks

DoctoPDF_586860db.zip

Emma Clarke
Replied On July 31, 2012 09:07 AM UTC

Hi I have been playing around with this, and the only way i can get it to work is if i first save the word doc to temp and then read it back into to convert it. I have attached my solution.

Can you explain why this would be or anyway around it as it is very clunky?

Thanks
Emma

SampleModified_9d51e457.zip

Deivaselvan Y [Syncfusion]
Replied On August 3, 2012 10:17 AM UTC

Hi Emma,

Thank you for your update.

We are not able to reproduce the mentioned tab preservation issue with the given sample. We have prepared the video illustration for the same. Please do find the video illustration from the attachment.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Regards,
Deiva selvan

Video_c69d8861.zip

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

Warning Icon You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.Close Icon

;