We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Browsing Tabular Model on SSAS 2012

Hello,

I'm new to Syncfusion charts. (2 hours of experience :)
I'm trying out the OLAP Client WPF demo which came with the business intelligence tryout edition and was able to connect to a multi dimensional cube on my SSAS 2008.
But connecting to a Cube in tabular mode fails:
Unable to open connection.
Is it possible to browse a Tabular Model (SSAS 2012) Cube with the OLAP Client Demo?

And other question:
Is the OLAP Client an developer app/control or can it be deployed to the customer? How does the licensing looks like in this case?

And maybe an other one question :)
When I'm done with the configuration/query inside the OLAP Client. What is the best way to persist this configuration/query from the PLAP Client into a database and later apply it to a chart control that should look exactly the same like the chart inside of the OLAP Client and that is running inside an other client application?
How does this scenario/work flow looks like, if possible?

Thanks for reading!

1 Reply

AA Arulraj A Syncfusion Team July 19, 2012 04:59 PM UTC

Hi Lukasz,

Thanks for using Syncfusion products.

1. Is it possible to browse a Tabular Model (SSAS 2012) Cube with the OLAP Client Demo?

We deeply regret to let you know that at present we do not have option to view as like Tabular Model that is available in SSAS 2012. OlapClient will load the cube with its drilling options.

2. Is the OLAP Client an developer app/control or can it be deployed to the customer? How does the licensing looks like in this case?

As this query deals with Install team, We have forwarded this query internally to Install team, They will update you the details by tomorrow (20 July 2012).

3. How to persist OlapClient data to load another Olap Control.

Yes, it is possible to save a OlapClient Report using OlapDataManager’s GetReportAsStream () method and load using LoadReportDefinitionFromStream() method. You can refer the shipped sample “Report Serialization Demo” under the following path.

C:\Users\{User}\AppData\Local\Syncfusion\EssentialStudio\10.2.0.75\BI\WPF\OlapClient.WPF\Samples\Serialization\Report Serialization Demo

Please let us know if you have any further concerns.

Regards,

Arulraj A

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon