We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

"Requested value ‘border’ not found" stopping worbook from loading

Hi,
I'm trying to import an Excel workbook generated with another tool and I'm getting an exception saying Requested value ‘border’ not found; when I open the same file using Excel, all is fine.

I'm using SpreadSheetControl.ImportFromExcel(stream);

I would agree that there might be minor inconsistencies in the workbook that I'm trying to load, but they shouldn't affect the whole process, moreover the file itself is successfully validated using the openxml validation tools.

I have looked, but didn't found any workaround, so any suggestions would be appreciated.

The version currently used is 10.104.0.44

5 Replies

PA Ponraja A Syncfusion Team July 3, 2012 05:53 AM UTC

Hi Mario,

Thanks for using Syncfusion product.

We have analyzed the reported issue and we are unable to reproduce this issue with the given information. Could you please share your excel file for further analyze, this would be helpful for us to assist you better.

Please let us know if you have any queries.

Regards,
Ponraja

KA karen January 9, 2013 03:15 PM UTC

Is there a solution for this yet? I'm experiencing the same issue.

AM Amber January 17, 2013 01:08 PM UTC

Same issue. Please reply if the fix is released/in pipeline.

AM Amber January 17, 2013 01:46 PM UTC

I got this issue while opening an excel created by LibreOffice(Open Source alternative to MS Office). I'm sure you'll be able to reproduce the scenario if you make an excel using LibreOffice and then try opening it through the ExcelEngine.

PS Pannir Selvam S Syncfusion Team February 5, 2013 09:12 AM UTC

Hi Amber,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

We have analyzed the reported issue by creating a workbook using LibreOffice and load that workbook into SpreadsheetControl. But we are not able to reproduce the issue and it opens proper in Spreadsheet. So could you please share your workbook with us and its very  helpful for us to analyze the issue and serve you better. Herewith We have attached the video for your reference.

Please let us know if you have any other queries.

Thanks,

Pannir

VideoClip_279dcb98.zip

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon