We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

GroupBar Auto-Collapse

Hi,

I want my GroupBar to be in a Collapsed state (IsCollapsed = true) when its Actual Width reaches 10. What is the best was to do this? I was thinking of binding IsCollapsed to ActualWidth.

Thanks!

5 Replies

VR Varalakshmi R.S Syncfusion Team June 27, 2012 12:43 PM UTC

Hi Clint,

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion forums.

Could you please provide some more details regarding your requirement? What does mean “Actual Width reaches 10”? are you doing any re-size in accordion control? Provide a scenario to analyze this requirement.

Kindly provide the required details to proceed further.

Regards,

Varalakshmi

CD Clint David August 6, 2012 02:49 AM UTC

Hi  Varalakshmi,

Sorry for not responding immediately.

Yes i am doing resize on the accordion. The scenario i want to accomplish is similar to what MS Outlook behaves. If you resize the left pane through the splitter and the it reaches a certain size, the Accordion changes into the Collapsed state.

Is this do-able through XAML only or not? How?

Thanks!
Clint

DK Dinesh Kumar P Syncfusion Team September 7, 2012 06:49 AM UTC

Hi Clint David,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

Query :  Group Bar to be in a collapsed state when its actual Width reaches to 10.

We have achieved this using simple sample attached with this forum.

In the sample we have changed the width of GroupBar using Grid Splitter and we have defined the converter to bind the Width property to IsCollapsed property of GroupBar to achieve your requirement.

Please let us know if you have any other queries.

Regards,             

P. Dinesh Kumar

GroupBarIsCollapsed_Forum_8ee81a9a.zip

CD Clint David October 15, 2012 09:20 AM UTC

Thanks for the response!

this should work. that's the last resort i had in mind if i can't make it all on the XAML side.

Thanks again.

MM Muthalagu M Syncfusion Team October 18, 2012 04:18 AM UTC

Hi Clint,

Thanks for your update.

Please let us know if you have any queries.

Regards,

Muthalagu

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon