We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

GridControl sorting

Using the GridControl specifically, not one of the other grids, the sorting functionality seems very limited. Does anyone have any good examples of doing proper multi column sorting on it? There's an example here: sorting and filtering but the sorting doesn't work too well and has issues when you start combining it with filtering or dynamically changing data. I.e. having the sorting work when you insert a row.

Any suggestions? I'm looking for multi column sorting specifically rather than just one.

5 Replies

RB Ragamathulla B Syncfusion Team June 18, 2012 05:01 AM UTC

Hi Ian,

Thank you for your interest in syncfusion products.

Please refer to our dashboard sample to the following path. which acheives your desired behaviour.

{Installed Path}\Syncfusion\EssentialStudio\{Version}\Windows\Grid.Windows\Samples\2.0\MS Excel-Style Features\Grid Control Sort Demo

Please let me know if you have any further concerns.

Regards,

Ragamathullah B.

IB ian bradley June 19, 2012 01:49 PM UTC

The demo doesn't seem to do multi column, but I think I've got everything working now :) Thank you :)

RB Ragamathulla B Syncfusion Team June 20, 2012 04:33 AM UTC

Hi Ian,

Please let me know if you have any further concerns.

Regards,

Ragamathullah B.

BM Boris Mouzo Izquierdo March 24, 2014 12:59 PM UTC

Hi Ian,

How did you solve the the multi-sort issue of the example you mentioned? The example seems to work but applies to all columns in the array the same sort order.

Thanks

BM Boris Mouzo Izquierdo March 24, 2014 02:47 PM UTC

Solved it. The code of the example just needs some slght changes: Store the desired ascending order in the Tag property and use the SortColumn as in the example but always with the "Descending" order. In the ICompare class use that same Tag property to either leave the value in "c" as returned by the Compare functions or negate it.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon