We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy.
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.

GridControl sorting

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

103954 Jun 11,2012 04:25 PM Mar 24,2014 10:47 AM Windows Forms 5
Tags: GridControl
ian bradley
Asked On June 11, 2012 04:25 PM

Using the GridControl specifically, not one of the other grids, the sorting functionality seems very limited. Does anyone have any good examples of doing proper multi column sorting on it? There's an example here: sorting and filtering but the sorting doesn't work too well and has issues when you start combining it with filtering or dynamically changing data. I.e. having the sorting work when you insert a row.

Any suggestions? I'm looking for multi column sorting specifically rather than just one.

Ragamathulla B [Syncfusion]
Replied On June 18, 2012 01:01 AM

Hi Ian,

Thank you for your interest in syncfusion products.

Please refer to our dashboard sample to the following path. which acheives your desired behaviour.

{Installed Path}\Syncfusion\EssentialStudio\{Version}\Windows\Grid.Windows\Samples\2.0\MS Excel-Style Features\Grid Control Sort Demo

Please let me know if you have any further concerns.

Regards,

Ragamathullah B.

ian bradley
Replied On June 19, 2012 09:49 AM

The demo doesn't seem to do multi column, but I think I've got everything working now :) Thank you :)

Ragamathulla B [Syncfusion]
Replied On June 20, 2012 12:33 AM

Hi Ian,

Please let me know if you have any further concerns.

Regards,

Ragamathullah B.

Boris Mouzo Izquierdo
Replied On March 24, 2014 08:59 AM

Hi Ian,

How did you solve the the multi-sort issue of the example you mentioned? The example seems to work but applies to all columns in the array the same sort order.

Thanks

Boris Mouzo Izquierdo
Replied On March 24, 2014 10:47 AM

Solved it. The code of the example just needs some slght changes: Store the desired ascending order in the Tag property and use the SortColumn as in the example but always with the "Descending" order. In the ICompare class use that same Tag property to either leave the value in "c" as returned by the Compare functions or negate it.

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.

;