We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Editable Summary Row

Hi,

I have two related questions.

A.) I'm looking to create column-centered summary rows which can be edited. The type of summary rows are similar to those in the GridDataControl -> Grouping -> Portfolio Grid Demo, though these are read-only. The idea is that if you change the summary value, then this will trigger custom logic (in code-behind or view model) which distributes that value amongst the children. For example, it could set all values to an average:

> Averages         |  15 %
         ValOne      |  20%
         ValTwo      |  10 %
         ValTwo      |  15 %

So if you change the 30% to, say, 60%, the two child cells should be changed to 60% and 60%, as that's the easiest way to match an average. All the functionality I need is the ability to make the summary editable and call some logic.

B.) The official Syncfusion example I quoted above (Portfolio Grid Demo) doesn't seem to entirely work anymore for some reason: the application runs but I can't see the summary rows (like in the screenshot). They're also missing from my own application. They were working before. Any reason this could be?

Thanks.

--Will

2 Replies

CS Central Support account / Andrew Archer June 7, 2012 10:51 AM UTC

Edit:
"So if you change the 15% to, say, 60%, the two child cells should be changed to 60% and 60%, as that's the easiest way to match an average of 60%."

CS Central Support account / Andrew Archer June 11, 2012 07:37 AM UTC

Is there no one with any information on this? I've searched the forums for similar questions but the answers I've found are WinForms an very old so that all attachment links are broken. All I need is editable summary row that can call some custom logic.

Thanks.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon