We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Notifications (Event) on Shape moving

Hi there,

is it possible to get informed if shapes/nodes are moved/has been moved?

Many thanks in advance!

5 Replies

AA Amsath Ali M Syncfusion Team June 6, 2012 04:44 AM UTC

Hi Foo,
Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion products.
We suggest you to use the Diagram.Model.Eventsink’s ‘PinPointChanged’ event to detect whether the node has been moved or not. Please refer the below code snippet to achieve your requirement.
Here is the code:
[C#]
//Occurs when pin point changed
            diagram1.Model.EventSink.PinPointChanged += new PinPointChangedEventHandler(EventSink_PinPointChanged);
void EventSink_PinPointChanged(PinPointChangedEventArgs evtArgs)
        {
            MessageBox.Show(evtArgs.NodeAffected.Name + ": New Location:" + ((Node)evtArgs.NodeAffected).PinPoint.ToString());
        }
Here is the sample:
<a rel='nofollow' href='http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/Support/DirectTrac/94331/F103853261083735.zip'>F103853241241350.zip</a>

Please let us know if you have any queries.

Regards,
Amsath Ali. M

F103853_a803fbad.zip

FB Foo Bar June 6, 2012 09:47 AM UTC

Hi Amsath Ali. M,

thanks for your answer. Your example works fine. I unfortunately missed that event.

Now I came across another problem. If I have a shape added to the diagram and I want to resize it, there are situations in which I can resize it's width only to less than what I currently have. It is not possible to enlarge its width (Trying to do so just let the shape preview snap back to its original position after mouse button release). This, however, does not apply to changing its height what just works fine. Playing a little around (moving, resizing both height and width, ...) there come up situations in which I am able to resize its width, but after resizing the situation turns back to the case in which it is not possible.

All said can be verified with the example provided by you.

What does lead to such situations? Am I doing something wrong?

Best regards,
Ralf

AA Amsath Ali M Syncfusion Team June 11, 2012 06:55 AM UTC

Hi Foo,
Thanks for the update.
Could you please confirm that whether you are facing the issue shown in the below video or not? If not, please provide more information probably a video which shows the reported issue, this will help us to reproduce the issue effectively at our end and to provide a better solution to you?

Regards,
Amsath Ali. M

video_d89825b5.zip

FB Foo Bar June 14, 2012 02:08 PM UTC

Hi Amsath Ali. M,

the effect shown in the video is exactly what I tried to describe.

Best regards,

Ralf

AA Amsath Ali M Syncfusion Team June 18, 2012 05:28 AM UTC

Hi Ralf,

Thanks for the update.

The issue "Resizing of node is not working properly" reported by you has been Suspected to be a defect. Please create a DT incident for your query so that we can update the patch for this issue.

You can create the DT incident from the following link.
http://www.syncfusion.com/account/dashboard

In the interests of maintaining confidentiality, we have a policy of not sharing patches or otherwise proprietary customer specific information in the public Forum.

Regards,

Amsath Ali. M

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon