We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy.
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.

GridFormulaCopyFlags problem

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

103822 Jun 3,2012 08:50 PM Jun 18,2012 01:31 AM Windows Forms 5
Tags: GridControl
Administrator [Syncfusion]
Asked On June 3, 2012 08:50 PM

The following block of code, place in the "load" callback (or other initialization function), prevents inputting numbers in a grid
control and causes the error: "Object reference not set to an instance of an object.".

GridFormulaEngine engine = ((GridFormulaCellModel)grid.Model.CellModels["FormulaCell"]).Engine;

engine.FormulaCopyFlags |=

GridFormulaCopyFlags.ClipBoardText;

GridFormulaCopyFlags.ClipBoardFormula;

GridFormulaCopyFlags.InsDelRangeReferencesUpdated;

GridFormulaCopyFlags.ClipBoardReferencesAdjusted;

GridFormulaCopyFlags.NamedRangeReferencesUpdated;

It appears that the engine.FormulaCopyFlags are set to null. Does anyone have suggestions on what I am doing wrong?

I have included the project in the attached .rar file. The bug is in the file GridEditor.

Replied On June 3, 2012 08:51 PM

Here is the .rar file.

Monte Carlo Estimator_c5ddc72b.rar

Jeya Preetha M [Syncfusion]
Replied On June 7, 2012 02:26 AM

Hi Jan,

Thank you for interest in Syncfusion Products.

To perform copy/paste operation in the grid control, we have sample in our dash board.

Please refer the sample in the following link:

{Installed path}\Syncfusion\EssentialStudio\10.2.0.56\Windows\Grid.Windows\Samples\2.0\MS Excel-Style Features\Grid Copy-Paste Demo

Please let me know if you have any concerns.

Regards,

Jeya Preetha M

Replied On June 8, 2012 08:37 AM

Sorry, I obviously explained the problem poorly. The real problem is in adding a page to a tabcontrol containing grids on each page and having all the grids recognize the variables and user functions that are in use. I redid the example (see attached project). In the redone project, I tried to boil the problem down to the simplest form. If you run the example and the right-click on the tabcontrol and select "Add Page", the program throws an error saying that the new grid is not recognized. I think this is the real problem. (But I'm not an expert, so I may be wrong.) Any help will be appreciated.

v/r
Jan

Monte Carlo Estimator_37dcd82.rar

Replied On June 8, 2012 09:44 AM

I am apparently still describing the problem badly. In the example I just posted, the problem that arises has to do with a cross-sheet reference. I guess I am seeing it all as one big problem and not boiling it down correctly. I hope I didn't confuse things too much.

my appologies

Ragamathulla B [Syncfusion]
Replied On June 18, 2012 01:31 AM

Hi Jan,

I am afraid that I was not able to reproduce the issue. Also I have created a simple sample to test this issue and it is available in the following link.

http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/Support/DirectTrac/95027/CS-203758908.zip

Please have a look at the preceding sample and if still the issue exists, could you please try reproducing it in the above sample so that we could sort out the cause of the issue and provide you a solution?

Regards,
Ragamathullah B.

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.

;