We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

How to: save barcode to a file.

Hello.
Hope someone could let me know how could I save the barcode images to a file from the ASP code I use?

Any assistance would be appreciated.

15 Replies

EN enidcollins May 29, 2012 09:22 AM UTC

I know one way to save barcode in disk, I am not sure this is what you looking for. // save barcode image into your system
 barcode.drawBarcode("c:/barcode.png");

GM Geetha M Syncfusion Team May 29, 2012 11:43 AM UTC

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion products.

Barcodes generated by Essential PDF can be converted as Image and then saved to disk. Here is the code snippet:

Image img = barcode.ToImage();

img.Save("barcodeimage.png"ImageFormat.Png);

Please try this and let me know if you have any questions.

Regards
Geetha

CH CharlesFrazier May 30, 2012 03:38 AM UTC

The above code  just gave the syntax on how to save. Try to use this barcode generator control. It is easy to save the barcode image to to a folder and load it later.

EL Elma May 31, 2012 03:09 AM UTC

Let`s assume that the barcode is called bar_obj, you can save the object by calling

bar_obj.Save("c:\my_barcode.mbx")

Later on you can load by calling

bar_obj.Load("c:\my_barcode.mbx")

GM Geetha M Syncfusion Team June 8, 2012 11:06 AM UTC

Hi,

Thank you for the details.

Currently Essential PDF does not support to save barcode in .mdx file format.

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Regards

Geetha

JA jaysam May 31, 2013 06:06 AM UTC

Hello,
I have a challenge on my hands - I have about 10 000 images that i would like to rename in a folder. each image is a scanned tiff file with a 39 Barcode on it. The ean barcodes are consistently in the right hand Quarter of the page.
Id like to rename the files based on the barcode value on each image.

So image 1 is called image5487.tiff and the barcode value on that image is "DLL0002154".

id like the image file name to be DLL0002154.tiff so that when all 10 000 are finished in a folder, i can easily find them by the barcode value.

Id like a solution where a piece of software can loop through a folder, open the image, read the barcode and rename and save the image with that new name before moving on to the next.

can anyone help?

GM Geetha M Syncfusion Team June 4, 2013 05:54 AM UTC

Hi jaysam,

Thank you for the details.

Our Barcode library supports only creation of barcode and currently it is not possible to read or decode barcode.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Regards
Geetha

SU susanyy July 18, 2013 03:06 AM UTC

To read or decode barcodes, you need to install a barcode decoder. You may download this barcode decoder trial version to have try. It supports most linear and 2D barcode types. But the first character of your barcode is decoded by it randomly.

GM Geetha M Syncfusion Team July 19, 2013 10:35 AM UTC

Hi,

We have logged a feature request for barcode decoder. We will get back to you once implemented.

Regards
Geetha

JS Jawahar Srinivasan July 31, 2013 03:05 PM UTC

Geetha,

Do you have any updates on Barcode DECODING ?

Regards,
Jawahar S

GM Geetha M Syncfusion Team August 5, 2013 12:34 PM UTC

Hi Jawahar,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion products.

The feature is not yet available. Please create a direct trac incident so that we can get back to you once implemented.

Regards
Geetha

MA mariah August 26, 2013 06:32 AM UTC

according what are said,the barcode reader is a key for your question.

GM Geetha M Syncfusion Team August 28, 2013 04:36 AM UTC

Hi,

Could you please let us know whether you are in need of any other assistance from us?

Regards
Geetha

VI Viviandlm September 11, 2013 02:58 AM UTC

hello, why don't you use this barcode imager to solve your problem, you can also find information about asp.net by following the guide, hope it helps, good luck.

GM Geetha M Syncfusion Team September 11, 2013 03:46 AM UTC

Hi,

Could you please let us know whether you are in need of any other assistance from us?

Regards
Geetha

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon