We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Nesting Shapes

Does Diagram component support nested shapes ?
I searched without success a sample in your knowledge base.
I noticed that a sample shows an expand collapse feature, is there a way to enforce easily moving constraints of nodes  ?

Tx,
Robert

5 Replies

SC Sudhakar C Syncfusion Team May 29, 2012 07:45 AM UTC

Hi Robert,

Currently there is no option for nested shaped.  But you can create nested shapes.

1. By combining multiple path.

2. Adding multiple path in grid control and assign grid as Node content.

3. You can also use Combining Geometry option to combine multiple path as single path. 

Image Link: http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/Support/DirectTrac/93945/NestedShape1462109703.zip

And Regarding Expand Collapse feature, we can enforce the moving nodes by using TimeSpan. We have created the sample. We have added simple animation for moving node when expand and collapse. Please refer the  following sample for more information.

Sample Link:    http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/Support/DirectTrac/93945/ExpandCollapse-814490405-173998709.zip

Please let us know if you have any concerns.

Regards,

Sudhakar.C

ExpandCollapse-814490405_a15893fc.zip

RJ Robert Johnson May 29, 2012 03:29 PM UTC

I am afraid that options based on path do not allows drawing connections between nested shapes.
Indeed, connectors have to link two nodes.
So, for this need, the expand collapse feature keeps the way to follow

Tx,
Robert

RT Ramya Thirugnanam Syncfusion Team June 4, 2012 08:24 AM UTC

Hi Robert,

We have assumed your requirement is to connect the two paths which are in single Node (nested Shape Node). We have provided an image to represent your requirement. Please verify with the image from the attachment. If our assumption is wrong, please provide us more details such as screenshot or sample to represent your requirement.so that, we would investigate further on this and update you with proper solution.

Please let us know if you have any concerns,                                                                                               
Regards,
Ramya

imageformultiplepaths_29a67b4b.zip

RJ Robert Johnson June 12, 2012 03:12 PM UTC

Hi,

I may have not been clear enough.
I attached an image to give more details about my expectation, too.

syncfusion_nestedshapes_7cd8a03c.zip

RT Ramya Thirugnanam Syncfusion Team June 18, 2012 04:07 AM UTC

Hi Robert,

Thanks for providing the image.

We have a sample in our dashboard to satisfy your requirement .please refer to the sample from the attachment. In this sample, we have represented the Swim lane Diagram using the Nested Shapes.

Please let us know if you have any other concerns,
Regards,
Ramya

SwinLane_89d4f56a.zip

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon