We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy.
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.

Nesting Shapes

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

103671 May 23,2012 11:19 AM Jun 18,2012 12:07 AM WPF 5
Tags: Diagram
Robert Johnson
Asked On May 23, 2012 11:19 AM

Does Diagram component support nested shapes ?
I searched without success a sample in your knowledge base.
I noticed that a sample shows an expand collapse feature, is there a way to enforce easily moving constraints of nodes  ?

Tx,
Robert

Sudhakar C [Syncfusion]
Replied On May 29, 2012 03:45 AM

Hi Robert,

Currently there is no option for nested shaped.  But you can create nested shapes.

1. By combining multiple path.

2. Adding multiple path in grid control and assign grid as Node content.

3. You can also use Combining Geometry option to combine multiple path as single path. 

Image Link: http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/Support/DirectTrac/93945/NestedShape1462109703.zip

And Regarding Expand Collapse feature, we can enforce the moving nodes by using TimeSpan. We have created the sample. We have added simple animation for moving node when expand and collapse. Please refer the  following sample for more information.

Sample Link:    http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/Support/DirectTrac/93945/ExpandCollapse-814490405-173998709.zip

Please let us know if you have any concerns.

Regards,

Sudhakar.C

ExpandCollapse-814490405_a15893fc.zip

Robert Johnson
Replied On May 29, 2012 11:29 AM

I am afraid that options based on path do not allows drawing connections between nested shapes.
Indeed, connectors have to link two nodes.
So, for this need, the expand collapse feature keeps the way to follow

Tx,
Robert

Ramya Thirugnanam [Syncfusion]
Replied On June 4, 2012 04:24 AM

Hi Robert,

We have assumed your requirement is to connect the two paths which are in single Node (nested Shape Node). We have provided an image to represent your requirement. Please verify with the image from the attachment. If our assumption is wrong, please provide us more details such as screenshot or sample to represent your requirement.so that, we would investigate further on this and update you with proper solution.

Please let us know if you have any concerns,                                                                                               
Regards,
Ramya

imageformultiplepaths_29a67b4b.zip

Robert Johnson
Replied On June 12, 2012 11:12 AM

Hi,

I may have not been clear enough.
I attached an image to give more details about my expectation, too.

syncfusion_nestedshapes_7cd8a03c.zip

Ramya Thirugnanam [Syncfusion]
Replied On June 18, 2012 12:07 AM

Hi Robert,

Thanks for providing the image.

We have a sample in our dashboard to satisfy your requirement .please refer to the sample from the attachment. In this sample, we have represented the Swim lane Diagram using the Nested Shapes.

Please let us know if you have any other concerns,
Regards,
Ramya

SwinLane_89d4f56a.zip

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.

;