We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Cannot open slightly large excel file.

ExcelEngine.Excel.Workbooks.Open(FileStream, ExcelOpenType) method doesn't work. I tried to debug my silverlight application using XlsIO libraries and I knew that my program stopped at the code using Open(FileStream, ExcelOpenType) method. An excel file I Tried to open is 5,099KB. How can I open this file?

5 Replies

SR Sridhar Syncfusion Team May 24, 2012 12:43 PM UTC

Hi Jaeyeol,

Thank you for using Syncfusion products.

We have tried the silverlight sample for openign the large excel file with Essential XlsIO and we could see the file is openign without any issues. We have attached the sample for your refernece with this update.

Sample Link:

Please try the sample and let us know if this helps you. If you still face the issue, please get back to us with the excel file which reproduces the issue and the simplified sample to proceed further on this.

Please let me know if you require any further clarifications.

Thanks,
Sridhar.S

Open Excel_67f76dc4.zip

JS Jaeyeol Shin June 11, 2012 05:33 AM UTC

thank you for your kind answer.

But I didn't mean creating new excel file. I couldn't open an existing excel file using XlsIO libraries. An example that open an existing excel file can help me.

SR Sridhar Syncfusion Team June 12, 2012 01:29 PM UTC

Hi Jaeyeol,

Thank you so much for the update.

The sample provided in our previous post is to demonstrate that the silverlight application for opening the largest excel file with Essential XlsIO.Can you please take a look and try the above attached sample at your side and let us know if this helps you.

If you still face the issue, please get back to  us with the excel file which reproduces the issue to proceed further on this.

Please let me know if you require any further more clarifications.

Thanks,
Sridhar.S

JS Jaeyeol Shin June 14, 2012 09:05 AM UTC

Thank you for kind answer.

I have met a System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException while opening an excel file for test.
Below attachment contains a test excel file I used.

DiableToReadUsingXlsIO_605e7e37.zip

SR Sridhar Syncfusion Team June 15, 2012 10:02 AM UTC

Hi Jaeyeol Shin,

Thank you so much for the update.

We are unable to reproduce the above reported exception “Argument out of range exception” while opening the excel file with Silverlight application. We have verified this with our latest versions 10.2.0.56 and 10.2.0.75. Please try to open the above excel file with our latest versions and let us know if this helps you. Also, please update us with the essential studio version you are using so that we are able to proceed further on this.

If you still face any issues with our latest version while opening the excel files, please open a new direct-trac incident with a simple issue reproducing excel file for further follow up on this issue.

Direct-Trac Link:
https://www.syncfusion.com/account/login?ReturnUrl=%2fsupport%2fdirecttrac%2fincidents

Please let me know if you require any further clarifications.

Thanks,

Sridhar.S

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon