We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Popup Container used by popupmenu disappears selecting syncfusion control

Hi,

I have been trying to solve a problem where a popupcontainer disappears when I select a syncfusion comboboxadv but not when I select a windows.forms.combobox.

I read this FAQ and created a custom popupcontainer that overrides the IsRelatedControl.

This fixed the popupcontainer if it is programmatically opened.  This does not stop the popupcontainer from disappearing if opened using a popupmenu.  Also the FAQ breaks the default behavior and closes regardless of what control is selected.

Popupmenu and popupcontainer_58365876.zip

4 Replies

CB Chris Bishop May 8, 2012 06:32 PM UTC

Using Windows.Forms 8.404.0.10 in VS 2010 on XP

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team May 14, 2012 01:53 PM UTC

Hi Chris Bishop,

By setting the PopupControlContainer as the popup parent for comboxbox'x popupcontainer, you can avoid closing of the combobox's dropdown.

void comboBoxAdv1_DropDown(object sender, EventArgs e)
{
            comboBoxAdv1.PopupContainer.PopupParent =dropDownBarItem1.PopupControlContainer;
            dropDownBarItem1.PopupControlContainer.CurrentPopupChild = comboBoxAdv1.PopupContainer;             
}

Please let us know if you need any other details.

We are glad to help you on this.

Regards,
Thillai. C

CS_9009320c.zip

CB Chris Bishop May 15, 2012 04:12 PM UTC

Thank you,

That worked.

SG Selva Ganapathy Kathiresan Syncfusion Team August 21, 2012 04:00 AM UTC

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the update.

We are glad to help you out.

Regards,