We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. (Last updated on: November 16, 2018).
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.
Syncfusion Feedback

GridGroupingControl + virtual + IBindingList

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

103490 May 7,2012 11:21 AM UTC May 10,2012 09:54 AM UTC WinForms 2
Tags: GridControl
ian bradley
Asked On May 7, 2012 11:21 AM UTC

Next question is related to the previous question, so I should probably add a little background. I'm looking for the fastest way to populate a fairly large grid (Not huge, perhaps 10-15 columns, 20k rows max) and support:
a) dynamically changing data
b) dynamic grid formatting based on those data changes
c) complete flexibility over grid styling.

The nearest example I can find is the trade grid example, but I don't want the flashing business, it's more time based than that. A cell will colour as it ages.

Which leads to the next question, is there a way to tell the grid to requery for the current formatting info? I.e. have the grid reraise QueryCellStyleInfo .?

So I like the idea of the grouping grid and the way it binds to a virtual IBindingList, If I change the data in my virtual list, I can wire it up to QueryCellStyleInfo which will query every time a cell is changed? Is that configurable?

Finally, do I need to do anything to make it work as a virtual grid? There was a setting on the grid engine I think for that? Not sure.

Any advice would be appreciated.

ian bradley
Replied On May 7, 2012 04:20 PM UTC

Ditto. The query event is reraised once the data changes.

Ragamathulla B [Syncfusion]
Replied On May 10, 2012 09:54 AM UTC

Hi Dito,

We regret for the delay getting back to you.

Please refer to the following our sample browser sample which illustrates how to trigger one time the QueryStyleInfo event.

{Installed path}\Syncfusion\EssentialStudio\{version}\Windows\Grid.Windows\Samples\2.0\Performance\OTO Query Cell Info Demo

Let me know if you have any further concerns.

Regards,

Ragamathullah B.

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

Warning Icon You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.Close Icon

;